Hey Jenn, have you seen these?

Old January 27th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_7_]

Default Hey Jenn, have you seen these?

http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/ph...p?f=23&t=61967

Man, I want 'em BAD!
I just replaced my rears with Alloys, as soon as these are available I'm
going to hock my second born to get a set of these.
(Not the first born, she's a keeper ;-D )

Kate

Old January 27th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Kate wrote:
> http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/ph...p?f=23&t=61967
>
> Man, I want 'em BAD!
> I just replaced my rears with Alloys, as soon as these are available
> I'm going to hock my second born to get a set of these.
> (Not the first born, she's a keeper ;-D )

Those are some sweet looking axles. The boot is what gets me.
I've got to wonder how long it lasts before dirt gets into the
joint. But wow, check out the load it takes. Put that in the
ZJ and I'd be picking up bits of driveshaft or diff.

--
DougW

Old January 27th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_7_]

"DougW" > wrote
Those are some sweet looking axles. The boot is what gets me.
I've got to wonder how long it lasts before dirt gets into the
joint. But wow, check out the load it takes. Put that in the
ZJ and I'd be picking up bits of driveshaft or diff.

--
DougW

No kidding. I think it might make a person just a little too over confident.
Then you'd have things all over the place that were all torn up.

I want to replace my fron axle shafts ASAP, but dang... the $$$ these days
just isn't there.

So many mods... so much time... and no darn money!

K.

Old February 4th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

Longfield, Birfield, different shape and they break just as much as our axles and
u-joints do. Sat behind busted toy axles as much as busted jeep axles. They do look
nice tho.

I did finally get the rig back from the shop - still got a death wobble issue. If
the floor of the shop ever gets poured I will put the jeep inside and crawl under and
spend some time trying to figure whats wrong. I have a suspicion about the rear
axle.... <sigh> again.
-jenn