Ford Ranger Question

Old April 13th 05, 12:48 PM
handref

Default Ford Ranger Question

My 1994 Ford Ranger died as I was going down the road. It will turn over
and crank but it dies immediately. The last time I drove it while going
down the road it acted as if was trying to die but never did. I am
wondering if this problem could be my fuel pump. This is a standard
transmission.

Old April 13th 05, 10:29 PM
Freebird01

handref wrote:
> My 1994 Ford Ranger died as I was going down the road. It will turn over
> and crank but it dies immediately. The last time I drove it while going
> down the road it acted as if was trying to die but never did. I am
> wondering if this problem could be my fuel pump. This is a standard
> transmission.

what engine does it have??? the 2.9's are notorious for ignition modules
frying like bacon and eggs....

could be a fuel pump. do you hear it run when you cycle the key?
Old April 15th 05, 12:22 AM
Chris Pueschel

your problem with the altinator or it could be the fuel pump if i was
you i would change both or trying the ignition module. iwould just try
with the altinator the work your way up from there.

chris

Old April 15th 05, 02:38 PM
Snow

How is the alternator going to affect this?? the op stated that he can
crank the engine back up again and it dies right away, crank again and so
on. I would be checking to see if the fuel pump is working ( several ways
to test this) if the pump is working I would then be looking at sensors,
either a cam sensor, speed sensor or crank sensor (different vehicle makers
call then different names.) it sounds like the pcm is not seeing engine
rotation and is shutting down. It could be the ignition mod. still, this is
harder to test without having the vehicle running.

Snow...