Recommendation for 94 Miata brake pads

Old March 7th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Recommendation for 94 Miata brake pads

I'm an old fart and don't drive it at 9/10 all of the time. Any suggestions
on what brake pads might be best for me?

Old March 7th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article et>,
"glenf" > wrote:

> I'm an old fart and don't drive it at 9/10 all of the time. Any suggestions
> on what brake pads might be best for me?

OEM Mazda, no question.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old March 8th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Second that! Lanny helped me out on that probably five years ago when I
first went to change the fronts on my 92 with those horrible to keep clean
(sorry Leon, I know you still don't understand why I think they are hard to
keep clean ;-) BBS wheels. I was not disappointed. Long lasting, good
braking force and minimal brake dust.

Cheers,
Chris
99BBB

Old March 8th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>Second that! Lanny helped me out on that probably five years ago when I
>first went to change the fronts on my 92 with those horrible to keep clean
>(sorry Leon, I know you still don't understand why I think they are hard to
>keep clean ;-) BBS wheels.

The other wheels I have had (OEM and aftermarket) have deep corners in
which the glove will not reach, and that become a dark spot over time.

Leon

> I was not disappointed. Long lasting, good
>braking force and minimal brake dust.
>
>Cheers,
>Chris
>99BBB
>
>"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
>> In article et>,
>> "glenf" > wrote:
>>
>>> I'm an old fart and don't drive it at 9/10 all of the time. Any
>>> suggestions
>>> on what brake pads might be best for me?

>> OEM Mazda, no question.
>>
>> --
>> Lanny Chambers
>> '94C, St. Louis
>> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old March 8th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

'which the glove will not reach'

"THE GLOVE" that just sounds funny I guess. I never use a mitt as I feel
they tend to hold stuff in more than a good sponge. The idea on the sponge
being that the strokes begin with sponge fully loaded, increasing pressure
as strokes continue creating a self cleaning sort of situation where dirt
and such are constantly being flushed out. Without that flow of water and
the ability to thoroughly rinse / flush each time, I feel there's more
tendency to push / slide dirt around during the process when / if using a
mitt.

You may think I'm insane but I have 3 black vehicles and have owned several
others and you've got to be vigilant to keep them from getting all
spider-webby (for lack of a better term). Obviously, on a white or red
finish this is much less critical but can make the difference between the
car looking good and great. This is just my opinion of course.

Chris
99BBB

Old March 8th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

excellent call, I'm always on the lookout for good brushes for this kind of
thing, maybe I've been shopping in the wrong spot!

Chris
99BBB

http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/pr...12910&affid=21

Old March 9th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in
:

> "XS11E" > wrote in message

>> Take a tip from the motorcycle community and buy yourself a
>> bottle brush at the grocery store.
>>
>> Like these:
>>
>> http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/pr...x?item_no=1012
>> 910&affid=21

> excellent call, I'm always on the lookout for good brushes for
> this kind of thing, maybe I've been shopping in the wrong spot!

The ones shown have the cotton fiber ends and that might be useful but
most grocery stores will have one with the bristles and not the soft
cotton end, they will do the job and are pretty cheap.

While you're in the grocery store, get a turkey baster if you don't
have one, they're useful for lots of stuff...

Old March 9th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>'which the glove will not reach'
>
>"THE GLOVE" that just sounds funny I guess. I never use a mitt as I feel
>they tend to hold stuff in more than a good sponge. The idea on the sponge
>being that the strokes begin with sponge fully loaded, increasing pressure
>as strokes continue creating a self cleaning sort of situation where dirt
>and such are constantly being flushed out. Without that flow of water and
>the ability to thoroughly rinse / flush each time, I feel there's more
>tendency to push / slide dirt around during the process when / if using a
>mitt.

Actually, one reason I use mitts is that I was told that sponges trap
sand in their pores and thus produce tiny scratches in the paint.
So it is interesting to see that an owner of a black Miata prefers sponges.

Of course, those of us lucky enough to own white Miatas don't have to
worry too much about perfection. All those photons blot out the small
imperfections.

>You may think I'm insane but I have 3 black vehicles and have owned several
>others and you've got to be vigilant to keep them from getting all
>spider-webby (for lack of a better term). Obviously, on a white or red
>finish this is much less critical but can make the difference between the
>car looking good and great.

Just put on some chrome and everybody will have the sun in their eyes.

Leon )

> This is just my opinion of course.
>
>Chris
>99BBB