2006 mustang convertible

Old November 8th 05, 11:07 PM
Lynn McGuire

Default 2006 mustang convertible

V6 or V8 (GT) ?

5 speed auto or 5 speed manual ? I do not spend much
time in traffic.

My local dealer says that he can now order a 2006 GT convertible
for MSRP.

Thanks,
Lynn

Old November 8th 05, 11:21 PM
Ritz

Lynn McGuire wrote:
> V6 or V8 (GT) ?
>
> 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual ? I do not spend much
> time in traffic.
>
> My local dealer says that he can now order a 2006 GT convertible
> for MSRP.

What's more important to you? Going fast or saving money? The V8 costs
significantly more than the V6 right off the bat. Then it gets worse
gas mileage and costs more to insure than a V6. In terms of looks, the
cars look almost identical.

That said...which would I get? The V8, of course. 8-)

Old November 9th 05, 05:10 AM
.boB

Ritz wrote:
> Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>> V6 or V8 (GT) ?
>>
>> 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual ? I do not spend much
>> time in traffic.
>>
>> My local dealer says that he can now order a 2006 GT convertible
>> for MSRP.

> What's more important to you? Going fast or saving money? The V8 costs
> significantly more than the V6 right off the bat. Then it gets worse
> gas mileage and costs more to insure than a V6. In terms of looks, the
> cars look almost identical.
>
> That said...which would I get? The V8, of course. 8-)

Recently, I rented a V6 convertible to drive around the seattle area. Fun car, I
really liked it. The V6 had a surprising amount of power. Not enough, but pretty
good. Add a blower, headers, and a computer tune and you'll make more power than a
stock GT V8. Even a few simple bolt on tricks from Steeda will net quite a bit of power.
I was really surprised at how well the auto shifted. Very smooth, very fast,
very solid. Just about the best auto I've ever driven. I don't think it gives up
much in economy, either. The auto is the hot ticket, IMO. I'll bet it's quicker
than a 5 speed for the average driver.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old November 10th 05, 04:28 AM
KJ.Kate

V8 - 5 Speed
Anything less would be ... well... less.

KJK

"Lynn McGuire" > wrote in message
: V6 or V8 (GT) ?
:

Old November 10th 05, 12:41 PM
Ralph in NC

er.
> I was really surprised at how well the auto shifted. Very smooth, very fast,
>very solid. Just about the best auto I've ever driven. I don't think it gives up
>much in economy, either. The auto is the hot ticket, IMO. I'll bet it's quicker
>than a 5 speed for the average driver.

I agree about the automatic trans. I drove both before buying an 06
automatic GT. The automatic feels just as strong to me.
Old November 12th 05, 10:25 AM

I just purchased a '05 GT, V-8, 5sp manual. I wouldn't take anything
else. But if you are into the car for looks and the name of Mustang
and speed and muscle isn't you, then get the cheaper V-6. They look
identical and are suprising fast.

Old November 13th 05, 12:44 PM
David Buschhorn

Hey Lynn,

I just ordered a GT with a five speed. There is no way I will be able to
drive this car in snow (we get a lot here, in Idaho) as there is too much
power. The clutch is noticeably stiffer than the one on my heavy duty 3/4
ton 4x4 truck. If I planned to drive in inclement weather (rain even) I
would definitely choose an automatic. The fuel economy is not so different
between the GT and the base model with the 6 cylinder, on the highway. For
ease of life? Get the GT with the automatic. If you like control and a
little more power? 5-speed.

David Buschhorn
GT Jet-Black, 5-speed, no spoiler.