Laguna Seca is booked!

Old March 24th 12, 08:18 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
Alan Baker

Default Laguna Seca is booked!

In article >,
"a425couple" > wrote:

> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message...
> > Bless my family and friends! The asked me what I wanted for my 50th
> > birthday and they all came through. I'm going to get a chance to fulfill
> > a long time dream.
> > On June 11, I'll be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to take the 3 day open
> > wheel race driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School. ---
> > It's going to be great.

> How wonderful for you!
> Perhaps you earlier missed this post of mine
> (certainly partly intended for YOU!)
>
> Over the years some posters from these newsgroups have
> indicated interest in attending auto races on road courses.
> Please, come out and enjoy!
>
> It would be best if you sent an email to my listed address:
>
> (Or you can post on this newsgroup)
> so I can directly send you further information on the races
> in a timely manner. Our organization's schedule is now set.
>
> My organization will be racing at Mission's (about 20 miles
> east of Vancouver) "River's Edge" track on June 10,
> and Sept 2 & 3.
> On the afternoon of our races you can view 6 totally different
> 30 minute races, ranging from big production looking cars
> (yes, some very similar to NASCAR), to the smaller production
> looking cars (plenty of Miatas), to formula, and sports racers.
> We will be having 15 races (plus one or two endurance races)
> this year in Oregon, Washington, and BC.
>
> If we communicate beforehand, I'm quite confident I can get
> you in with free pit passes (and no, you will not be required
> to get your hands dirty on my, or anyone else's car - unless
> you are wanting to!)
> I am hoping I can meet a number of you in person
> (but actually - if you want in, but wish to not meet me,
> that is ok, and the free admission offer is still good).
>
> So, obviously you will not be at that June race.
> Please keep in touch about the Sept. 2 &3 one.
> (Yes, I would be very happy to get you "hooked"!)

Ummm...

What is "your organization"?

:-)

--
"The iPhone doesn't have...
....well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good,
Old March 25th 12, 01:10 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
Frank Adam

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:18:16 -0700, Alan Baker > wrote:

>In article >,
> "a425couple" > wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message...
>> > Bless my family and friends! The asked me what I wanted for my 50th
>> > birthday and they all came through. I'm going to get a chance to fulfill
>> > a long time dream.
>> > On June 11, I'll be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to take the 3 day open
>> > wheel race driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School. ---
>> > It's going to be great.

>> How wonderful for you!
>> Perhaps you earlier missed this post of mine
>> (certainly partly intended for YOU!)
>>
>> Over the years some posters from these newsgroups have
>> indicated interest in attending auto races on road courses.
>> Please, come out and enjoy!
>>
>> It would be best if you sent an email to my listed address:
>>
>> (Or you can post on this newsgroup)
>> so I can directly send you further information on the races
>> in a timely manner. Our organization's schedule is now set.
>>
>> My organization will be racing at Mission's (about 20 miles
>> east of Vancouver) "River's Edge" track on June 10,
>> and Sept 2 & 3.
>> On the afternoon of our races you can view 6 totally different
>> 30 minute races, ranging from big production looking cars
>> (yes, some very similar to NASCAR), to the smaller production
>> looking cars (plenty of Miatas), to formula, and sports racers.
>> We will be having 15 races (plus one or two endurance races)
>> this year in Oregon, Washington, and BC.
>>
>> If we communicate beforehand, I'm quite confident I can get
>> you in with free pit passes (and no, you will not be required
>> to get your hands dirty on my, or anyone else's car - unless
>> you are wanting to!)
>> I am hoping I can meet a number of you in person
>> (but actually - if you want in, but wish to not meet me,
>> that is ok, and the free admission offer is still good).
>>
>> So, obviously you will not be at that June race.
>> Please keep in touch about the Sept. 2 &3 one.
>> (Yes, I would be very happy to get you "hooked"!)

>Ummm...
>
>What is "your organization"?
>
>:-)

Don't worry about that. Just remember to bring a bed sheet and scissors. ;-)

--

Regards, Frank
Old March 25th 12, 04:08 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
a425couple

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message...
> "a425couple" > wrote:
>> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message...
>> > Bless my family and friends! The asked me what I wanted for my 50th
>> > birthday and they all came through. I'm going to get a chance to
>> > fulfill
>> > a long time dream.
>> > On June 11, I'll be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to take the 3 day open
>> > wheel race driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School. ---
>> > It's going to be great.

>> How wonderful for you!
>> Perhaps you earlier missed this post of mine
>> (certainly partly intended for YOU!)
>>
>> Over the years some posters from these newsgroups have
>> indicated interest in attending auto races on road courses.
>> Please, come out and enjoy!
>>
>> It would be best if you sent an email to my listed address:
>>
>> (Or you can post on this newsgroup)
>> so I can directly send you further information on the races
>> in a timely manner. Our organization's schedule is now set.
>>
>> My organization will be racing at Mission's (about 20 miles
>> east of Vancouver) "River's Edge" track on June 10,
>> and Sept 2 & 3.
>> On the afternoon of our races you can view 6 totally different
>> 30 minute races, ranging from big production looking cars
>> (yes, some very similar to NASCAR), to the smaller production
>> looking cars (plenty of Miatas), to formula, and sports racers.
>> We will be having 15 races (plus one or two endurance races)
>> this year in Oregon, Washington, and BC.
>>
>> If we communicate beforehand, I'm quite confident I can get
>> you in with free pit passes (and no, you will not be required
>> to get your hands dirty on my, or anyone else's car - unless
>> you are wanting to!)
>> I am hoping I can meet a number of you in person
>> (but actually - if you want in, but wish to not meet me,
>> that is ok, and the free admission offer is still good).
>>
>> So, obviously you will not be at that June race.
>> Please keep in touch about the Sept. 2 &3 one.
>> (Yes, I would be very happy to get you "hooked"!)

> Ummm...
> What is "your organization"?
> :-)

What? (*)

The only sanctioning authority for the auto road course racing
near Vancouver BC (specificly at Mission BC) that I'm aware of is
Sports Car Club of British Columbia.
More can be read at:
http://www.sccbc.net/
So, that "club", would be the "organization", that is relevant there.

(*) Wondering, is it just me that senses skepticism & suspicion?
Yes, some people do offer nice things for free with no strings
attached. I have to pay SCCBC money to enter their races. They
then automaticly include x number of spectator/paddock/pit passes.
The vast majority of US drivers going to race in Canada just
let most of these go 'empty'. I'm happy to let someone who
wants them, and is unlikely to cause problems, use them.
So far (knock on wood), I've never had to regret it.
But then,, perhaps I'm just lucky!

Old March 25th 12, 04:15 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
a425couple

"Frank Adam" > wrote in message...
> Alan Baker > wrote:
>>>
>>> How wonderful for you!
>>> Perhaps you earlier missed this post of mine
>>> (certainly partly intended for YOU!)
>>>
>>> Over the years some posters from these newsgroups have
>>> indicated interest in attending auto races on road courses.
>>> Please, come out and enjoy!
>>>
>>> It would be best if you sent an email to my listed address:
>>>
>>> (Or you can post on this newsgroup)
>>> so I can directly send you further information on the races
>>> in a timely manner. Our organization's schedule is now set.
>>>
>>> My organization will be racing at Mission's (about 20 miles
>>> east of Vancouver) "River's Edge" track on June 10,
>>> and Sept 2 & 3.
>>> On the afternoon of our races you can view 6 totally different
>>> 30 minute races, ranging from big production looking cars
>>> (yes, some very similar to NASCAR), to the smaller production
>>> looking cars (plenty of Miatas), to formula, and sports racers.
>>> We will be having 15 races (plus one or two endurance races)
>>> this year in Oregon, Washington, and BC.
>>>
>>> If we communicate beforehand, I'm quite confident I can get
>>> you in with free pit passes (and no, you will not be required
>>> to get your hands dirty on my, or anyone else's car - unless
>>> you are wanting to!)
>>> I am hoping I can meet a number of you in person
>>> (but actually - if you want in, but wish to not meet me,
>>> that is ok, and the free admission offer is still good).
>>>
>>> So, obviously you will not be at that June race.
>>> Please keep in touch about the Sept. 2 &3 one.
>>> (Yes, I would be very happy to get you "hooked"!)

>>Ummm...
>>What is "your organization"?
>>:-)
>>

> Don't worry about that. Just remember to bring a bed sheet and scissors.
> ;-)

Well, if a person just wants to wander the paddock & spectator
areas, they can wear pretty much whatever they want.
Thou, If a person does wish to volunteer to help either at
the turn stations or at pre-grid, we do wish them to wear white,
but we can normally come up with white shirts of some kind!
(grin back at you!)

Old March 26th 12, 07:24 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
Jim[_51_]

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> Bless my family and friends! The asked me what I wanted for my 50th
> birthday and they all came through. I'm going to get a chance to fulfill
> a long time dream.
>
> On June 11, I'll be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to take the 3 day open
> wheel race driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School.
>
> My girlfriend and I are going to turn it into a vacation, too: drive
> down from Vancouver on the preceding weekend, do the course (while the
> GF enjoys the Monterey Peninsula), then take a leisurely driving
> vacation back. A little of the wine country, a little of the coast
> highway... ...redwood forest.
>
> It's going to be great.
>
> :-)

Have a really great time!

--
Jim
Old March 26th 12, 11:43 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
Alan Baker

In article >,
"a425couple" > wrote:

> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message...
> >>
> >> How wonderful for you!
> >> Perhaps you earlier missed this post of mine
> >> (certainly partly intended for YOU!)
> >>
> >> Over the years some posters from these newsgroups have
> >> indicated interest in attending auto races on road courses.
> >> Please, come out and enjoy!
> >>
> >> It would be best if you sent an email to my listed address:
> >>
> >> (Or you can post on this newsgroup)
> >> so I can directly send you further information on the races
> >> in a timely manner. Our organization's schedule is now set.
> >>
> >> My organization will be racing at Mission's (about 20 miles
> >> east of Vancouver) "River's Edge" track on June 10,
> >> and Sept 2 & 3.
> >> On the afternoon of our races you can view 6 totally different
> >> 30 minute races, ranging from big production looking cars
> >> (yes, some very similar to NASCAR), to the smaller production
> >> looking cars (plenty of Miatas), to formula, and sports racers.
> >> We will be having 15 races (plus one or two endurance races)
> >> this year in Oregon, Washington, and BC.
> >>
> >> If we communicate beforehand, I'm quite confident I can get
> >> you in with free pit passes (and no, you will not be required
> >> to get your hands dirty on my, or anyone else's car - unless
> >> you are wanting to!)
> >> I am hoping I can meet a number of you in person
> >> (but actually - if you want in, but wish to not meet me,
> >> that is ok, and the free admission offer is still good).
> >>
> >> So, obviously you will not be at that June race.
> >> Please keep in touch about the Sept. 2 &3 one.
> >> (Yes, I would be very happy to get you "hooked"!)

> > Ummm...
> > What is "your organization"?
> > :-)

> What? (*)
>
> The only sanctioning authority for the auto road course racing
> near Vancouver BC (specificly at Mission BC) that I'm aware of is
> Sports Car Club of British Columbia.
> More can be read at:

http://www.sccbc.net/
> So, that "club", would be the "organization", that is relevant there.

OK. But why not just say "the Sports Car Club of British Columbia"
rather than "my organization". If nothing else, it would have been more
comprehensible to me from the first post. I didn't particularly recall
your posts from rec.autos.sport.f1, so I was a little thrown by the way
you phrased it is all.

> (*) Wondering, is it just me that senses skepticism & suspicion?

I don't know. But if you mean that I was expressing some skepticism and
suspicion, you're not wrong. But it wasn't meant badly. I just wanted a
little clarification.

:-)

> Yes, some people do offer nice things for free with no strings
> attached. I have to pay SCCBC money to enter their races. They
> then automaticly include x number of spectator/paddock/pit passes.
> The vast majority of US drivers going to race in Canada just
> let most of these go 'empty'. I'm happy to let someone who
> wants them, and is unlikely to cause problems, use them.
> So far (knock on wood), I've never had to regret it.
> But then,, perhaps I'm just lucky!

And if it comes to pass that I can take you up on your offer, I'll
certainly give you no cause to regret it. Thanks for the idea!