Testing

Old February 11th 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Default Testing

I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it dead, or is my
provider not cooperating?

Old February 11th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeroen Feelders[_2_]

It's dead. Dead as a doornail...

Old February 12th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 2/11/2012 1:51 PM, BK wrote:
> I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it dead, or is my
> provider not cooperating?

spring is only a couple of months away. perhaps things will bloom once
again...
Old February 13th 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Christopher Muto > wrote:

> On 2/11/2012 1:51 PM, BK wrote:
>> I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it
>> dead, or is my provider not cooperating?

> spring is only a couple of months away. perhaps things will bloom
> once again...

Just one theory..... the "C" Miata is a nice car, the "A" and "B"
Miatas are much more than nice cars, they are objects of passion to
many of us.....

Could the group be dying due to lack of interest and the "C" Miata is
the reason?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old February 13th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 2/12/2012 6:14 PM, XS11E wrote:
> Christopher > wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2012 1:51 PM, BK wrote:
>>> I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it
>>> dead, or is my provider not cooperating?

>> spring is only a couple of months away. perhaps things will bloom
>> once again...

> Just one theory..... the "C" Miata is a nice car, the "A" and "B"
> Miatas are much more than nice cars, they are objects of passion to
> many of us.....
>
> Could the group be dying due to lack of interest and the "C" Miata is
> the reason?

the age of the car certainly means fewer of them on the road, but the
death of newsgroups is the result of internet service providers no
longer including it for free with internet server. they have decided it
is a unnecessary cost that they can cut without repercussions and a
liability to host content that are potentially copyright violations (not
groups like this but ones that have binary files, scores of posts that
when combined and decoded become movies, music, and video games once
again). the trend is to use web site forums, which are popular for
volkswagon (vwvortex), and jeep, and fords, but not miata...
Old February 13th 12, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Michael Bednarek

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:15:26 -0500, Christopher Muto wrote in
rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

All true, but there are http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/ and
http://forum.miata.net/vb/ and http://www.miataturbo.net/ and
http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/ .

--
Michael Bednarek "ONWARD"
Old February 13th 12, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Christopher Muto > wrote:

> the age of the car certainly means fewer of them on the road, but
> the death of newsgroups is the result of internet service
> providers no longer including it for free with internet server.

Irrelevent, free news servers carry this group and most of the regulars
have been here since ISPs dumped newsgroups.

I still think it's because many have gone to the "C" Miata and, while
it's a nice car, it's nothing anyone would get passionate about.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old February 13th 12, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2012-02-12, XS11E > wrote:
> Christopher Muto > wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2012 1:51 PM, BK wrote:
>>> I don't have anything from this group in over a month. Is it
>>> dead, or is my provider not cooperating?

>> spring is only a couple of months away. perhaps things will bloom
>> once again...

> Just one theory..... the "C" Miata is a nice car, the "A" and "B"
> Miatas are much more than nice cars, they are objects of passion to
> many of us.....
>
> Could the group be dying due to lack of interest and the "C" Miata is
> the reason?

I've owned an A and currently own a B. [And before that I owned an
Alfa Romeo Spyder which I bought after I saw a Miata and found out I
couldn't afford one]. The B is getting a bit long in the tooth. Sad
to say it won't be replaced by a C. I just don't like them that much,
and I find I'm less tolerant of the heat and sun than I was 30 years
ago when I started driving convertibles. I'm thinking a test drive of
a Subaru BRZ might be in order this spring. Reviews of the BRZ always
seem to mention Miatas.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm also pre-POURED
at pre-MEDITATED and
Old February 13th 12, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2012-02-13, Michael Bednarek > wrote:

>>the age of the car certainly means fewer of them on the road, but the
>>death of newsgroups is the result of internet service providers no
>>longer including it for free with internet server. they have decided it
>>is a unnecessary cost that they can cut without repercussions and a
>>liability to host content that are potentially copyright violations (not
>>groups like this but ones that have binary files, scores of posts that
>>when combined and decoded become movies, music, and video games once
>>again). the trend is to use web site forums, which are popular for
>>volkswagon (vwvortex), and jeep, and fords, but not miata...

> All true, but there are http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/ and
> http://forum.miata.net/vb/ and http://www.miataturbo.net/ and
> http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/ .

Bah. Web forums. What a waste of time -- the UIs are horrible.
Setting a mailing list and a gateway between the Usenet group and the
mailing list might be a good idea.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! What PROGRAM are they
at watching?
Old February 13th 12, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Grant Edwards > wrote:

> Bah. Web forums. What a waste of time -- the UIs are horrible.

Amen.

The Usenet Improvement Project:

testing Chuck[_16_] Car Show Photos 0 June 12th 11 02:53 AM
Testing [email protected] Old Timers Photos 0 June 16th 08 07:39 PM
Testing... Outatime[_3_] Jeep 15 February 23rd 08 10:13 PM
Testing Outatime[_4_] Jeep 0 February 18th 08 07:23 PM
testing pakman0209 Audi 1 June 10th 04 07:04 PM