follow up on that leaky top issue.

Old August 12th 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default follow up on that leaky top issue.

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
>
>> It just doesn't feel right to leave the car unlocked

> Regardless, it's foolish to lock a convertible. Make it easy for them
> to see there's nothing of value inside. Junkies and other professional
> thieves won't waste time on an empty car.
>
> There's not much you can do about vandals, alas, unless you have a
> silent alarm so you can catch them in the act and let them know
> personally how disappointed you are at their behavior. Perhaps with
> the help of a baseball bat.

I live in Texas. A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.

Old August 12th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> > There's not much you can do about vandals, alas, unless you have a
> > silent alarm so you can catch them in the act and let them know
> > personally how disappointed you are at their behavior. Perhaps with
> > the help of a baseball bat.

> I live in Texas. A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.

Silly boy. First you take his gun away using your gun. Then you break
his legs with the baseball bat. Arms, too, if he actually damaged the
car.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 12th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Q[_2_]

On 2010-08-11 18:08:31 -0400, Lanny Chambers > said:

> Regardless, it's foolish to lock a convertible. Make it easy for them to
> see there's nothing of value inside. Junkies and other professional
> thieves won't waste time on an empty car.

Someone got into a friend's old Hyundai, parked in the basement garage
of an apartment building. He took a hammer to the ignition and then
gave up. (Maybe saw too many movies, was expecting to find two wires,
you rub them together and the car starts.)

He took about $3 in change and a wrench that was under the passenger
seat. Did not touch the stereo or a coat that was in the back seat.

There is nothing about this car that makes it stand out. Sometimes your
number comes up.

Old August 12th 10, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 11.8.2010. 22:50, BK wrote:
> I guess you'd have to tell the insurance company that it WAS locked in order
> to collect anything, right?

it wasn't insured against theft and that sorta things. just traffic
accidents, etc.
Old August 13th 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Frank Berger" > wrote:
>
>> > There's not much you can do about vandals, alas, unless you
>> > have a silent alarm so you can catch them in the act and let
>> > them know personally how disappointed you are at their
>> > behavior. Perhaps with the help of a baseball bat.

>> I live in Texas. A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.

> Silly boy. First you take his gun away using your gun. Then you
> break his legs with the baseball bat. Arms, too, if he actually
> damaged the car.

Dealing with robbers, what would Captain James T. Kirk... er.. Denny
Crane do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 13th 10, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> it wasn't insured against theft and that sorta things. just
> traffic accidents, etc.

Ouch!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 13th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 8/12/2010 6:14 PM, XS11E wrote:
> Lanny > wrote:

>>> I live in Texas. A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.

>> Silly boy. First you take his gun away using your gun. Then you
>> break his legs with the baseball bat. Arms, too, if he actually
>> damaged the car.

> Dealing with robbers, what would Captain James T. Kirk... er.. Denny
> Crane do?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI

You gotta love the Shat. That's the most action I have seen out of him
since the hood-surfing days of "T.J. Hooker".

Pat

Old August 14th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Hal

> > I live in Texas. *A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.
>
> Silly boy. First you take his gun away using your gun. Then you break
> his legs with the baseball bat. Arms, too, if he actually damaged the
> car.

Amen to that, Lanny.

And to the OP - Seeing that image of your ruined convertible top
really ticked me off. I hope the little ******* that cut your top rots
in hell.

You should never mess with another persons vehicle...ever.

Chris
Old August 14th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message > You gotta love the Shat.
That's the most action I have seen out of him
> since the hood-surfing days of "T.J. Hooker".
>
> Pat

Hey Pat, that's your kinda Shat, eh? lol (pun intended)
cd

Old August 14th 10, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
>
>> it wasn't insured against theft and that sorta things. just
>> traffic accidents, etc.

> Ouch!

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

But I'm thinking most people's 'full coverage' would have a what, $250 or
$500 deductable, wouldn't it?

cd
99BBB

Leaky roof Rick Hunter BMW 1 June 16th 07 03:51 PM
leaky something on a 95 wrangler j[_6_] Jeep 0 June 5th 07 04:15 PM
Leaky A/C [email protected] Technology 13 April 24th 06 10:43 PM
Leaky Passat AndyB03 VW water cooled 4 April 6th 06 06:39 AM
New Top Concern/Issue Pat Dreiding Mazda 2 September 25th 04 02:59 PM