1997 mazda power antenna

Old March 27th 13, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
homere

Default 1997 mazda power antenna

I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a manual
antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power antenna, It is
controlled by the ignition switch, and not the radio on/off switch. It goes up
every time I turn the key on,And down when the key is turned off, I want to
change it, so it is activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes?
thanks, gary

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/mazda-mia...nna-25169-.htm

Old March 27th 13, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

homere m> wrote:

> I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a
> manual antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power
> antenna, It is controlled by the ignition switch, and not the
> radio on/off switch. It goes up every time I turn the key on,And
> down when the key is turned off, I want to change it, so it is
> activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes? thanks, gary

You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to the
proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket radio it may
not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired as it
is.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old March 27th 13, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
homere

replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
> xs11eNO wrote:
>
> homere m> wrote:
>
> > I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a
> > manual antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power
> > antenna, It is controlled by the ignition switch, and not the
> > radio on/off switch. It goes up every time I turn the key on,And
> > down when the key is turned off, I want to change it, so it is
> > activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes? thanks, gary

> You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to the
> proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket radio it may
>
> not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired as it
> is.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

-- Thanks, The radio is stock,

Old March 28th 13, 12:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

homere m> wrote:

> replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
>> xs11eNO wrote:
>>
>> homere m> wrote:
>>
>> > I have a 1997 sto mazda miata . It came from the factory with a
>> > manual antenna, the previous owner put in a factory mazda power
>> > antenna, It is controlled by the ignition switch, and not the
>> > radio on/off switch. It goes up every time I turn the key
>> > on,And down when the key is turned off, I want to change it, so
>> > it is activated by the radio switch, Any Ideas? or fixes?
>> > thanks, gary

>> You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to
>> the proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket
>> radio it may
>>
>> not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired
>> as it is.

> -- Thanks, The radio is stock,

I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did? Seems
very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old March 28th 13, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
homere

replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
> xs11eNO wrote:
>
> homere m> wrote:
>
> > replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
> >> xs11eNO wrote:
> >>
> >> homere m>

> with a

> power

> the

> it, so
> >>
> >> You simply remove the lead from the ignition and connect it to
> >> the proper connector on the radio. If you have an aftermarket

> >> radio it may
> >>
> >> not have such a connector and I suspect that may why it's wired

> >> as it is.

> > -- Thanks, The radio is stock,

> I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did? Seems
> very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

Not sure , but after removing the radio, I found it was the problem, It was
not sending a signal. Something wrong with the stock radio, thanks,,

Old March 28th 13, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

homere m> wrote:

> replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
>> xs11eNO wrote:

>> I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did?
>> Seems very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.

> Not sure , but after removing the radio, I found it was the
> problem, It was not sending a signal. Something wrong with the
> stock radio,

You can find a stock radio on ebay or wire in a separate antenna switch
or maybe get the stock one repaired or possibly just leave it as it is.

I think I'd leave it as it is because I'm lazy! <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old March 28th 13, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
homere

replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
> xs11eNO wrote:
>
> homere m> wrote:
>
> > replying to XS11E , homere wrote:
> >> xs11eNO wrote:

> >> I wonder why the previous owner wired it the way he/she did?
> >> Seems very odd but I'm sure he/she had some reason.

> > Not sure , but after removing the radio, I found it was the
> > problem, It was not sending a signal. Something wrong with the
> > stock radio,

> You can find a stock radio on ebay or wire in a separate antenna switch
>
> or maybe get the stock one repaired or possibly just leave it as it is.
>
> I think I'd leave it as it is because I'm lazy! <G>

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

I check ebay, but it is a lot easier to leave it alone, thanks,, G

posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/mazda-mia...nna-25169-.htm
using MotorsForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata and other automotive groups

Power antenna upgrade -1997 miata Hal Mazda 4 March 27th 13 05:19 AM
Wiring diagram for Power antenna on '93 Mazda 626 Noozer Technology 2 June 20th 07 01:43 PM
Power Antenna? XS11E[_1_] Mazda 7 May 19th 07 05:50 PM
1997 Eddie Bauer power antenna [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 May 2nd 05 03:12 PM
Power antenna C4 '95 Charles Corvette 5 March 30th 05 03:23 AM