Frame repairs

Old October 25th 04, 12:11 AM
Bill Hearn

Default Frame repairs

I've had to do major repairs to my frame. I have a 1980. Section of rear
crossmember replaced, on the rear bends right behind the doors bracketed up,
and body mount/door support that holds up the body totally replaced. I've a
good job done, but wondering how this will effect the re-sale.

Old October 25th 04, 04:42 AM
Barking Rats

In article >,
"Bill Hearn" > wrote:

> I've had to do major repairs to my frame. I have a 1980. Section of rear
> crossmember replaced, on the rear bends right behind the doors bracketed up,
> and body mount/door support that holds up the body totally replaced. I've a
> good job done, but wondering how this will effect the re-sale.

I can't give specifics, but consider how *not* repairing it would have
affected resale. For a car owner who'd like to go the NCRS route, it
would undoubtedly hurt the chances of succeeding without frame
replacement. For someone looking to drive, cosmetically restore or
modify the car then I'd venture to guess it would have only minor
affect. (Given that the repairs are 100% sound and don't compromise
safety.) Doesn't sound as though this car has had a protected life.
Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old October 25th 04, 04:42 AM
Barking Rats

In article >,
"Bill Hearn" > wrote:

> I've had to do major repairs to my frame. I have a 1980. Section of rear
> crossmember replaced, on the rear bends right behind the doors bracketed up,
> and body mount/door support that holds up the body totally replaced. I've a
> good job done, but wondering how this will effect the re-sale.

I can't give specifics, but consider how *not* repairing it would have
affected resale. For a car owner who'd like to go the NCRS route, it
would undoubtedly hurt the chances of succeeding without frame
replacement. For someone looking to drive, cosmetically restore or
modify the car then I'd venture to guess it would have only minor
affect. (Given that the repairs are 100% sound and don't compromise
safety.) Doesn't sound as though this car has had a protected life.
Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger

Dumb accident with '86 TQ, question about bent frame cp Audi 10 December 22nd 04 09:44 PM
E36 Digital Dual Zone Climate Control Repairs Mark D BMW 0 December 7th 04 11:13 PM
Rochester F.I. Repairs Bruce Corvette 0 August 31st 04 07:20 PM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM