2004 Vue coolant problem solved

Old May 25th 04, 11:58 PM
REDMAYNARD

Default 2004 Vue coolant problem solved

As per the suggestion, I popped the hood this morning, took one look at the
coolant tank and discovered the problem...at the last oil change, they'd
forgotten to put the cap back on the coolant tank. Fortunately it was still
sitting on the engine block where they'd left it. Next oil change I'll get
reimbursed or a credit for the coolant I bought.
I knw it shouldn't have been low, but the advice to routinely check things out
is very much appreciated.
Margaret
FPC Victor Collins
Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic
Old May 26th 04, 01:53 AM
Jonnie Santos

Which coolant did you buy? And did the dealer perform the service?

Old May 26th 04, 02:10 AM
REDMAYNARD

>Which coolant did you buy?

Prestone Dex-Cool

>And did the dealer perform the service?

I put the coolant in myself, I didn't have time to go in before work.
Old May 26th 04, 04:44 AM
Jonnie Santos

Very good - I have an older S Series and there was a bit of a learning curve
for me regarding the orange (Dex-cool) or green stuff and the kid at the
parts store said something about that's how the dealer tells you've worked
on the car by using the wrong stuff. I must of had my 'Dumb Old Fart' had
on that day...

Old May 26th 04, 01:04 PM
REDMAYNARD

>How low was your bottle

Pretty low

>did you mix that with some distilled water? (50/50)

No, should I have?
Old May 27th 04, 12:47 AM
REDMAYNARD

>How much of the gallon of coolant did you use?
>less than half? Then dont worry about it.

It was less then half. Whew! I was just so mad at the whole mess that I
didn't bother to read the instructions. I'll go sit in the corner now : )