Lack of power at 3200 RPM (170 Kmh) A6 2.5 TDI 1999

Old November 20th 05, 12:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Lack of power at 3200 RPM (170 Kmh) A6 2.5 TDI 1999

Hi All,

Fault
recently my A6 has been feeling rather sluggish at speeds above 170Kmh and
is having trouble gaining any speed above 180Kmh in 5/6th gear at around
3200 Rpm .

History
I had the Timing belt changed recently, is there a possibility that the
fault could be something simple like a lead has not been conected by the
Audi garage, or a my problems more serious?

PLEASE HELP as I travel large distances every weekend.

Old November 20th 05, 03:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

TROLLING

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:49:19 -0500, "rockfanatic"

--
Jay.
(remove dashes for legal email address)
Old November 20th 05, 03:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

What do you mean TROLLING ????

Old November 21st 05, 11:50 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

rockfanatic wrote:

> PLEASE HELP as I travel large distances every weekend.

The MAF is a secure bet. Gives exactly the described result. The
exchange job is about ten minutes (the MAF is at the left rear side of
the engine bay, if standing in front of the car and looking into the
engine bay). The dealer tells me that the MAF's for this Modelyear are
at the moment at 100 Euro. Go to Audi and ask for a nice rebate. I had
mine replaced recently and paid 30% of the parts price and nothing for
labor.

Oh, and ask if the postheating technical modification has been done :-)

There's a technical bulletin out by Audi telling the dealars to switch
off MAF post operation heating (running for one minute after 'ignition
off'). This is done by physically cutting a cable and then routing a new
cable from the electronic box in the engine bay to the MAF. My Audi
garage charged me 15 Euros for the mod.

Regards

Wolfgang (1999 2,5 TDI V6)
Old November 21st 05, 12:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Hello Wolfgang and all other peaple who responded

I will go to Dealer this afternoon and ask if they can check The MAF out
for me.

Will get back to you, cheers for your replys

Old November 22nd 05, 11:19 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

rockfanatic wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang and all other peaple who responded
>
> I will go to Dealer this afternoon and ask if they can check The MAF out
> for me.
>
> Will get back to you, cheers for your replys

MAF checkout is done during a testdrive. There will be no record in the
onboard dignostic. The MAF is not wired into that. What they do is
something like third gear, roll with 30km/h, press the pedal to the
metal with the VAG COM tool connected to the car, watch the reported air
flow. When passing through 3krpm there must be a certain value on the
readout (around 800 IIRC but don't quote me). If its less, MAF is gone.

Old November 22nd 05, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The Garage have just informed me that it was the MAF (Spot On Wolfgang) I
pick it up tomorrow and will see how much it hurts my bank account lol.

Old November 23rd 05, 07:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

rockfanatic wrote:
> The Garage have just informed me that it was the MAF (Spot On Wolfgang) I
> pick it up tomorrow and will see how much it hurts my bank account lol.

I'd be curious as how much they charge you there..

Regards (and good luck)

Wolfgang
Old November 26th 05, 07:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Hi Wolfgang
They Charged me 173 Euro OUCH,

I have since found out that when I bought the car this fault was already
on it, I did not notice at first because before the A6 I had an Opel
Frontera and getting speeds of 200Kph was a dream.

All I can say now is WOW I never thought it would be so easy to travel
from Bielefeld to Koln in less than 2 hours. 220+Kph with no trouble at
all.

I LOVE MY AUDI, Pity the last guy sold it because it had no power when
towing lol

Old November 26th 05, 09:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:10:31 -0500, "rockfanatic"
> wrote:

>Hi Wolfgang
>They Charged me 173 Euro OUCH,

Consider yourself lucky, some months ago the MAF's were at 400 Euro a
piece.

>I LOVE MY AUDI, Pity the last guy sold it because it had no power when
>towing lol

hehe.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Wolfgang