GP2+Dosbox

Old November 4th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

Default GP2+Dosbox

Help, it runs sluggish.

Does anyone have a config that gets this to run properly?

Old November 5th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

flightlessvacuum wrote:
> Help, it runs sluggish.
>
> Does anyone have a config that gets this to run properly?

Get rFactor, it ****es all over GP2.

SCNR
ronny
Old November 5th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Ronald Stoehr wrote:
> flightlessvacuum wrote:
>> Help, it runs sluggish.
>>
>> Does anyone have a config that gets this to run properly?
>>

> Get rFactor, it ****es all over GP2.

LOL I was going to say that!
Old November 5th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

On Nov 6, 8:01 am, Tony R >
wrote:

> Ronald Stoehr wrote:
> > flightlessvacuum wrote:
> >> Help, it runs sluggish.

> >> Does anyone have a config that gets this to run properly?

> > Get rFactor, it ****es all over GP2.

> LOL I was going to say that!

Haha, actually it's funny you guys mentioned rFactor as I thought I'd
give it a go last night and I was really impressed!

Old November 5th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Adams

flightlessvacuum wrote:
> Help, it runs sluggish.
>
> Does anyone have a config that gets this to run properly?

Because Dosbox is an emulator it runs a lot slower than real dos. It's
no good for more demanding games. Dosbox can barely run Masters of Magic
acceptably so there is little hope for it to run GP2 very well.
Old November 5th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

On Nov 6, 9:24 am, John Adams > wrote:

> Because Dosbox is an emulator it runs a lot slower than real dos. It's
> no good for more demanding games. Dosbox can barely run Masters of Magic
> acceptably so there is little hope for it to run GP2 very well.

Bugger.

Old November 6th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

On Nov 6, 1:04 pm, Michael Sisson > wrote:

> You guys did press CTRL-F11 and CTRL-F12 to speed up/slow down the
> processor speed, yes? No?

Yeah, I've tried that and a few other tweaks but with no great
improvement.

It's not just that GP2 is slow in dosbox but it's also seems out of
sync (sound+graphics) and is basically unplayable.

F1GP runs much better in comparison.

Old November 6th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Adams

flightlessvacuum wrote:

> Yeah, I've tried that and a few other tweaks but with no great
> improvement.
>
> It's not just that GP2 is slow in dosbox but it's also seems out of
> sync (sound+graphics) and is basically unplayable.
>
> F1GP runs much better in comparison.

Try VDMsound instead. That might give you better results.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/
Old November 7th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
flightlessvacuum

On Nov 6, 6:57 pm, John Adams > wrote:

> Try VDMsound instead. That might give you better results.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/

Well I have a widescreen lcd and I simply can't stand games that
stretch to fit the 16:10 aspect ratio so I think dosbox is my only
real option given I can run it in a window with normal aspect.