New approach to PT Cruiser power steering cooler repair

Old March 27th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

Default New approach to PT Cruiser power steering cooler repair

I previously posted a problem in getting a power steerin cooler
without an upgrade.
There has to be OE coolers for a 2001 PT Cruiser somewhere that I can
purchase
and have installed. I see no reason to pay hundreds of additional
dollars for an
upgrade. I only have 48K on the car. If I could get another 46K
without the upgrade
I'd be satisfied.
Old March 28th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Paul of Dayton

note below:

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
>I previously posted a problem in getting a power steerin cooler
> without an upgrade.
> There has to be OE coolers for a 2001 PT Cruiser somewhere that I can
> purchase
> and have installed. I see no reason to pay hundreds of additional
> dollars for an
> upgrade. I only have 48K on the car. If I could get another 46K
> without the upgrade
> I'd be satisfied.

why not buy a transmission cooler at the local parts barn and use it?

PoD

Old March 28th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

And we have previously answered your reply. The only upgrade was adding the
hoses (return) to the cooler, If someone is telling you that there is more
labor to install this unit you need to find another person to work on your
vehicle.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old March 29th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

On Mar 28, 5:52*pm, "damnnickname" > wrote:
> And we have previously answered your reply. The only upgrade was adding the
> hoses (return) to the cooler, If someone is telling you that there is more
> labor to install this unit you need to find another person to work on your
> vehicle.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech
>
> --
> Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.makers.chrysler/
> More information athttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Glenn, Chrysler told me that part of the upgrade was a new resorvoir.
Old March 29th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

On Mar 29, 9:12*am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:

> Glenn, Chrysler told me that part of the upgrade was a new resorvoir.

And I forgot, new hoses, and of course a re-designed cooler, are part
of the upgrade.

All I wanted was an old style OE cooler.

Old March 30th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
On Mar 28, 5:52 pm, "damnnickname" > wrote:
> And we have previously answered your reply. The only upgrade was adding

the
> hoses (return) to the cooler, If someone is telling you that there is more
> labor to install this unit you need to find another person to work on your
> vehicle.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech
>
> --
> Message posted

usinghttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.makers.chrysler/
> More information athttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Glenn, Chrysler told me that part of the upgrade was a new resorvoir.

Give me the last 8 numbers of the vin and the part number they want to sell
you.

Glenn

Old March 30th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

On Mar 29, 10:22*pm, "maxpower" > wrote:

> Give me the last 8 numbers of the vin and the part number they want to sell
> you.
>
> Glenn

Glenn, I don't have the part number, but I can tell you the following:

VIN 1T503754

Krebs Chrysler / Jeep parts department told me:
Cooler - $97.75
Resorvoir - $43.26
Hose - $36.00
Labor - $295

Old March 30th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote in message
On Mar 29, 10:22 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:

> Give me the last 8 numbers of the vin and the part number they want to

sell
> you.
>
> Glenn

Glenn, I don't have the part number, but I can tell you the following:

VIN 1T503754

Krebs Chrysler / Jeep parts department told me:
Cooler - $97.75
Resorvoir - $43.26
Hose - $36.00
Labor - $295

The part number is what I would really need. Im just wondering if the
reservoir and Pressure hose are leaking along with the cooler. Is that is
how the price got so high or are they not sure and just selling you
everything?

Glenn

Old March 30th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer

On Mar 30, 2:43*pm, "maxpower" > wrote:

> The part number is what I would really need. Im just wondering if *the
> reservoir and Pressure hose are leaking along with the cooler. Is that is
> how the price got so high or are they not sure and just selling you
> everything?
>
> Glenn

They claim they're selling me everything because it's an upgrade from
the parts installed when the car was new in 2001.
Old March 31st 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Pete I just ran your vin number and yes you are correct they did supersede
the cooler to a new number just recently and it does require installing a
new hose and resorvoir. It does not give us the info on why it was
changed. The part numbers are.
5272867ad hose
5272351aa resorvoir
5272354ae cooler