what's going on with my lights?

Old January 31st 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
TiderInsider

Default what's going on with my lights?

I'm driving a 94 Nissan Sentra LE, with 136k miles on it. On my home
from work, I drive up a pretty large hill that goes for about .5 mile.
During the middle of the climb I noticed my lights were flickering.
This includes the headlights and the lights on the dash and radio.
Does this sound like an alternator problem? Thanks in advance.

Old January 31st 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"TiderInsider" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm driving a 94 Nissan Sentra LE, with 136k miles on it. On my home
> from work, I drive up a pretty large hill that goes for about .5 mile.
> During the middle of the climb I noticed my lights were flickering.
> This includes the headlights and the lights on the dash and radio.
> Does this sound like an alternator problem? Thanks in advance.

Flicker like that often portends alternator problems or ground connection
problems.

You might be lucky and this could be a belt or tensioner issue.

Old February 1st 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob M.

"TiderInsider" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm driving a 94 Nissan Sentra LE, with 136k miles on it. On my home
> from work, I drive up a pretty large hill that goes for about .5 mile.
> During the middle of the climb I noticed my lights were flickering.
> This includes the headlights and the lights on the dash and radio.
> Does this sound like an alternator problem? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like bad grounds. Check the wires & connections leading from the
alternator & battery negative (to body and to engine block). Remove the
ends and clean off the rust/dirt/paint that may be on both the connector &
the sheet metal.

Tail lights and dashboard lights not working [email protected] Jeep 2 January 2nd 07 03:55 PM
Lights Brandon Scarbrough Honda 6 November 20th 06 07:14 PM
Some dash lights not working Ratbert Ford Explorer 0 January 5th 06 01:48 AM
VW Golf 3 rear fog lights Joseph Meehan VW water cooled 6 October 30th 04 02:14 AM
BMW service lights in the UK spammy BMW 3 September 18th 04 06:55 PM