Newbie

Old August 1st 09, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Newbie

Davoud wrote:

> If you think about it, there is no possible reply to those insults.
> "pws" wrote "my own opinion is that Davoud is an argumentative
> prick..." That is irrefutable--not that I am what he said, but that
> that is his opinion. What could I say in reply? "No, that isn't your
> opinion at all?" Hardly.

I will revise that. It is a fact that Davoud is an argumentative prick.
My opinion has nothing to do with it.

> Ditto "immature snot nosed kid.*" Such a post is far from worthy of a
> reply.
>
> (Sorry, REALLY, TRULY sorry, but the author of that one omitted the
> hyphen from the compound adjective "snot-nosed" and YOU CAN'T DO THAT
> IN ENGLISH if you want literate people to read what you write. Compare
> "I saw a man eating tiger" and "I saw a man-eating tiger."

I was able to read it you idiot, so He CAN DO THAT.
He also used the word, "dunno", and I was able to figure out that he
meant "don't know".

> Let the next round of flames begin. I'm killing this thread--I'm away
> on a trip in the great American midwest and I don't have time for
> trolling remarks such as those below!
>
> Davoud

You have time to give unwanted English lessons on a Miata newsgroup, so
I don't think that your schedule is that busy, Mr. world traveler.

I actually believe very little of what you write, but what I do truly
believe is that you will read this reply.

You probably will not reply back because that would show that you lied
when you said that you killed the thread, but you are going to read it
and you are greatly enjoying the bait grabs that people like me have
given you when YOU came trolling into this newsgroup with the worst
attitude and the most condescending remarks that I have seen in over 10
years here.

This guy is like Leon times 100, minus the intelligence. Not a good
combination.
Are those flames high enough for you Davoud? :-)

Oh yeah, he's not reading this, because he killed the thread. Yeah,
right........

Pat
Old August 1st 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_2_]

Davoud wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> I love you guys! "don't recall much about it'! I haven't read Davoud's
>> reply yet but I remain optimistic that he 'gets over himself', has a laugh
>> about it and continues with us in a bit more 'relaxed' mode. Hey, I can
>> hope!

> If you think about it, there is no possible reply to those insults.
> "pws" wrote "my own opinion is that Davoud is an argumentative
> prick..." That is irrefutable--not that I am what he said, but that
> that is his opinion. What could I say in reply? "No, that isn't your
> opinion at all?" Hardly.
>
> Ditto "immature snot nosed kid.*" Such a post is far from worthy of a
> reply.
>
> (Sorry, REALLY, TRULY sorry, but the author of that one omitted the
> hyphen from the compound adjective "snot-nosed" and YOU CAN'T DO THAT
> IN ENGLISH if you want literate people to read what you write. Compare
> "I saw a man eating tiger" and "I saw a man-eating tiger."
>
> Let the next round of flames begin. I'm killing this thread--I'm away
> on a trip in the great American midwest and I don't have time for
> trolling remarks such as those below!
>
> Davoud

Have a good trip, Davoud, and when you return, please close the
parenthesis that you left open.

I neither claim to be an expert dialectician nor grammarian, but I do
appreciate one who also has a love of "proper" English, as well as
Miatas and other sports cars!

Stuart H.

Old August 1st 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Pat, shut up, you argumentative prick ;-) lol! You're ruining my
'tough-guy reputation' on the world wide web!

Now I'm having second thoughts because I'm not sure if that was supposed to
be hyphenated or not!? Where's Davoud when we need him?! Oh ya, in the
'Midwest', ignoring this thread!

Davoud, I agree with Pat, that you're way too inquisitive to ignore this
thread and that you're probably too proud to admit you're reading it and
that you'll probably walk away from it and go on. It'll be your loss (in my
opinion!, can we quit this and go back to assuming that what I say is my
opinion and what you say is your opinion?). You mentioned several times
about having friends here and there but think about whether they are friends
or acquaintances, there's a difference.

Chris
99BBB

Old August 1st 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

"Stuart H." > wrote in message
> Have a good trip, Davoud, and when you return, please close the
> parenthesis that you left open.

LOL! But, if you'd spent your career in English academic channels and had
some true experience, you might realize that perhaps he didn't intend to use
the opening parenthesis and thus the correct fix would be to <somehow>
negate the opening parenthesis rather than add a superfulous and potentially
confusing closing parenthesis.

miker

Old August 1st 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

"Stuart H." wrote:

> Davoud wrote:
> >
> > (Sorry, REALLY, TRULY sorry, but the author of that one omitted the
> > hyphen from the compound adjective "snot-nosed" and YOU CAN'T DO THAT
> > IN ENGLISH if you want literate people to read what you write. Compare
> > "I saw a man eating tiger" and "I saw a man-eating tiger."

> Have a good trip, Davoud, and when you return, please close the
> parenthesis that you left open.

THE UNCLOSED PARENTHESIS, a fable

It was a cool day in Assam, so the Embassy aide decided to take a walk
on the scenic path by the lake. But a few minutes into his stroll, a
group of wild eyed citizens, shouting in Bengali - or was it Manipuri? -
came running down the footpath in the other direction, almost knocking
him off his feet. "Hmmm, I wonder what that was all about?" he
wondered. "Not being a linguist, I suppose I shall never know."

Just then he saw yet another panicked Assamese, whom the aide recognized
as one of the Embassy's local personnel, come running toward him. This
was Satya Choudhary, a fellow who was quite well-educated, possessing
Mumbai-flavored English, Arabic, and several of the bewildering array of
languages used on the subcontinent, despite his regrettable disability -
he was mute and could only "speak" with sign language or written notes.

"I say, Satya, what is all this yelling and running about? Those people
nearly ran me over!"

Satya pulled a note pad and pencil from his pocket and hurriedly
scribbled, "Run for your life, sir, there's a man eating tiger on the
loose!" He tore the page off the pad, thrust it into the aide's hand,
and took off running.

The aide looked down at the note and chuckled. He swiveled around and
stood staring at Satya sprinting away down the footpath. "Why, this is
too funny! According to Satya, some fellow has gotten so hungry he's
decided to eat a tiger! I wonder where this very hungry man is? I'd
like to have a look at him. (I don't suppose Satya could have meant
'man-eating tiger' as he neglected to include the hyphen, without which
the phrase must logically refer instead to a man eating a ti..."

But alas, he never did get to close that last parenthesis.

yrs jp
Old August 1st 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

THANK YOU JOHNNY! That's great stuff! How can a man not take that with a
sense of humor? It's beyond me!

That's great! Don't forget about my Panda who: eats, shoots and leaves! ;-)

Old August 1st 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> I will revise that. It is a fact that Davoud is an argumentative
> prick. My opinion has nothing to do with it.

Agreed, he's made my bozo bin, not so much for being an
argumentative prick, which he is, but for being an obnoxious ass.

I'm including some hyphens (--------) that he can strew about as
needed to make my post legible to him. The rest of you won't need
them.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old August 1st 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

Bravo!

miker

Old August 5th 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Squat[_2_]

> And that's why I found his remark to be so funny. That, and the amazing
> fact that, by implication, he has led a Christ-like life since birth,
> so utterly pure that he has the brass to condemn someone for something
> so petty as a traffic citation. At least that's what I must assume; the
> alternative is that Mr. Edwards is a hypocrite, and since I don't know
> him, I wouldn't call him that. Ignoring a traffic ticket isn't a sin,
> even in the so-called Holy Land; just a misdemeanor for non-diplomats
> and SOP for diplomats.

Hmm, Let me think..
Executing Jews was the SOP for the Nazi party back in the 1940's. So that
was ok?
Slavery was acceptable in the 1800s, Does that make it right?

Defending deplorable behavior with the argument that "Everybody does it" is
not going to win any debates in the near future.

Old August 5th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Davoud[_2_]

Davoud:
> > Ignoring a traffic ticket isn't a sin,
> > even in the so-called Holy Land; just a misdemeanor for non-diplomats
> > and SOP for diplomats.

Squat:
> Hmm, Let me think..

You have invoked "Godwin's Law" over a traffic citation! If you think
that ignoring a traffic citation is the moral equivalent of the murder
of six million innocents and the enslavement of human beings, you need
to do some _very_ _deep_ re-thinking, because you are profoundly
confused on moral issues.

> Executing Jews was the SOP for the Nazi party back in the 1940's. So that
> was ok?
> Slavery was acceptable in the 1800s, Does that make it right?
>
> Defending deplorable behavior with the argument that "Everybody does it" is
> not going to win any debates in the near future.

This is not a debate. I ignored a traffic citation. I am unapologetic
over this "deplorable" action. So turn me in, try to get me extradited,
kill-file me, or, perhaps, just get over it.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

A Newbie Just Saying Hello! alalhp6d[_3_] Chrysler 2 August 12th 08 12:19 AM
Newbie [email protected] Simulators 2 July 6th 07 03:00 PM
newbie in need duffy VW air cooled 5 January 18th 06 04:51 PM
newbie crzybus VW air cooled 29 May 2nd 05 12:13 PM
newbie 4x4 Eddy Long 4x4 3 February 4th 05 03:36 AM