2004 Accord EXL - Auto door lock feature?

Old November 8th 04, 06:46 PM
computernewby

Sorry. I don't know if it can be enabled. It is quite annoying though.
Especially since I have it on my 96 although it is from the aftermarket
alarm. It really is annoying to find the unlock button at night when it
isn't lit. I like the unlock button right next to the handle so that you
can use your hand to unlock and open the door at one time.

Old November 8th 04, 08:14 PM
Dick

We sure didn't have it on our '99 EX V-6. I have followed Honda's
pretty close through the years, and I can't ever recall that feature
being available. Aftermarket sure, but not factory.

Dick

Old November 9th 04, 02:31 AM
E. Meyer

On 11/8/04 12:55 PM, in article , "eh"
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After we bought the 2004 Accord EXL, we found that
> it misses one important featu lock the door automatically when
> the car gets started. Our 98 Accord had this feature and
> we are surprised to see it missing in the 2004 model. Does
> anyone know how to enable this feature?
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene

I've never encountered that "feature" on a Honda. If you had it before it
probably was aftermarket.

Why is this such an important feature? They fixed the problem of car doors
coming open by themselves many years ago. In 39 years of driving I can
count on the fingers of one hand the number if times I have felt like I
needed the doors locked when I was in the car.

Old November 9th 04, 10:53 PM
Seth

"E. Meyer" > wrote in message
> On 11/8/04 12:55 PM, in article , "eh"
> > wrote:
>>
>> After we bought the 2004 Accord EXL, we found that
>> it misses one important featu lock the door automatically when
>> the car gets started. Our 98 Accord had this feature and
>> we are surprised to see it missing in the 2004 model. Does
>> anyone know how to enable this feature?

> I've never encountered that "feature" on a Honda. If you had it before it
> probably was aftermarket.
>
> Why is this such an important feature? They fixed the problem of car
> doors
> coming open by themselves many years ago. In 39 years of driving I can
> count on the fingers of one hand the number if times I have felt like I
> needed the doors locked when I was in the car.

Some people like the feeling of security from car-jackers. Locked door
makes it a little more difficult for them. Along the same security lines as
why many built-in keyless entry systems only unlock the drivers door on the
first press and require a 2nd press to unlock the rest.

Old November 10th 04, 07:22 AM
Randolph

eh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After we bought the 2004 Accord EXL, we found that
> it misses one important featu lock the door automatically when
> the car gets started. Our 98 Accord had this feature and
> we are surprised to see it missing in the 2004 model. Does
> anyone know how to enable this feature?
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene

As others have pointed out, your '98 may have had an after-market alarm
/ keyless entry system. Dealers often put after-market system in new
cars rather than OEM equipment since the after market stuff is much,
much cheaper.

For your '04 you could perhaps install one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/4ztng. At $40 you can't complain about the price. By
default this system locks the doors a short time after the ignition is
turned on. This feature is programmable and can be turned off if needed.

This system comes with 2 remote controls that will lock and unlock the
doors. Although it is possible, I doubt unlocking the doors with these
remotes would disarm the factory alarm. You can easilly wire the system
so that it can not unlock the doors. That way you don't have to worry
about someone geting hold of the remotes.

I have installed this system in a '96 Accord and an '87 VW GTi and the
system works well in both cars.

2004 Accord Incentives Humble One Honda 4 October 31st 04 05:14 PM
Oil Changing Interval for 2004 Accord eh Honda 4 October 22nd 04 03:49 PM
Accord EX 2004 vs 2005 SmarSquid Honda 8 September 30th 04 01:33 PM
Cost of 2004 CR-V, EX, Auto Harvey Cohen Honda 3 September 30th 04 01:09 AM
Antique Auto Auction and Parts Meet , March 26 and 27 2004 Sugarloaf Mountain Antique Auto Club Antique cars 0 February 24th 04 04:40 PM