59% Experience Road Rage During Their Daily Commute

Old January 4th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John S.

Default 59% Experience Road Rage During Their Daily Commute

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7aw7r
>
> Or, if you prefer:
>
> http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/...221083427-RN-4
>
> Buried in this article are a couple little tidbits of driving
> information:
>
> >Isn't it time you improve your commute? Fifty-nine percent of
> >workers surveyed by CareerBuilder.com admit to experiencing
> >road rage while traveling to and from work. With 128 million
> >commuters in the United States that's a lot of road rage.

That's pretty much useless information because the question was open
ended and designed to maximize the number of yes answers. What
behaviours are called road rage. Is it when someone speeds up to pass
and cuts over a little too closely and the passed driver misinterprets
the act as aggression? Or is it when one driver chases another for 5
miles at high speed, forces him off the road fills him with lead.

> >And it seems your commute is only going to get worse according
> >to "Commuting in America III" by Alan Pisarski published by
> >the Transportation Research Board. The average national travel
> >times grew to 25.5 minutes in 2000, up from 22.4 in 1990 and
> >21.7 in 1980. That time is increasing even though more
> >people are leaving for work between 5 a.m. and 6:30 a.m to
> >beat rush hour. Find something closer to home, or better
> >yet, become one of the 4 million Americans already working from home.

This falls into the category of Not New News. For how many centuries
has our population been: increasing, moving to suburban and urban
locations; switching from agriculuture to wage jobs?