Get Your Thunderbird Postage Stamp Now

Old August 31st 05, 11:49 PM

Default Get Your Thunderbird Postage Stamp Now

Last week, the Ford Thunderbird celebrated the 'first day of
issuance' as an official United States Postal Stamp, honored as one
of the five sporty cars of the 1950s. The entire stamp collection will
celebrate "America on the Move: 50's Sporty Cars," giving tribute to
Ford Thunderbird, the 1954 Kaiser Darrin, a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette, a
1952 Nash Healey and a 1953 Studebaker Starlight. The Thunderbird stamp
was illustrated by Art Fitzpatrick. Art Fitzpatrick has had a long and
colorful history working in automotive advertising over the course of
almost three decades. The sporty cars of the 1950s stamps went on sale
this week at post offices nationwide and online at www.usps.com.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old September 1st 05, 04:38 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Man! When it came out, I thought the 53 coupe was just about the most
beautiful car EVER! And they still are.

I always thought about buying one when I got the money ... but by that time
(1966), the 57 Chevy was the thing and I fell in love with the classic
black BelAir 2 dr HT.

And I had ridden in an acquaintance's 57 Golden Hawk. FAST and strong..
but a rattle-trap POS when it came to fit and finish. Which is what REALLY
did Stude in, btw!

wrote in news:1125528550.412214.159720
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com: