The Latest On A New Camaro

Old August 29th 05, 06:45 PM

Default The Latest On A New Camaro

Per Auto Week:

Sporty rwd car: GM wants to offer a sporty, four-passenger car. But the
automaker is still looking for a feasible, low-cost, rwd architecture.
The Beta platform is under consideration. GM Daewoo is involved in the
research.

The car would be targeted at the Ford Mustang. The timing is unclear,
but insiders say GM is mulling unveiling a concept Camaro at the
Detroit auto show.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old August 30th 05, 04:21 AM
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:39:21 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>If the new camaro l;ooks like the concept sketch that I have seen, I WILL
>buy one and I WILL trade my Cobra in on it.
>It so resembles my first car and still modern, it is just beautiful
>
>makes me excited thinking about it.

Well unless you jerk-off to Anime there is no reason to get all
excited. It was simply someone's idea of what it could/should be and
has absolutely no bearing on what it will be. If gas prices keep
going the way they are more then likely it will be a four banger.

.. .

--

Please Don't Steal - The Government Hates Competition

ZombyWoof
(take the dogs when replying via e-mail)
Old August 30th 05, 12:38 PM
SVTKate

"ZombyWoof" > wrote
: >If the new camaro l;ooks like the concept sketch that I have seen, I WILL
: >buy one and I WILL trade my Cobra in on it.
: >It so resembles my first car and still modern, it is just beautiful
: >
: >makes me excited thinking about it.
: >
: Well unless you jerk-off to Anime there is no reason to get all
: excited. It was simply someone's idea of what it could/should be and
: has absolutely no bearing on what it will be. If gas prices keep
: going the way they are more then likely it will be a four banger.
: >

Someone take a **** in your Wheaties there ZW ?

Last time I looked:
Women STILL cannot 'jerk off'
Getting excited about a car was AOK
The Mustang still needs some serious competition - I doubt that it will be a
4 banger.

AND

I remember that some of the concept sketches ot the 05 Mustang were rumored
to be all bunk when they first started circulation right here in this group.
The car came out pretty close.

Old August 30th 05, 05:14 PM
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:38:09 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>"ZombyWoof" > wrote
>: >If the new camaro l;ooks like the concept sketch that I have seen, I WILL
>: >buy one and I WILL trade my Cobra in on it.
>: >It so resembles my first car and still modern, it is just beautiful
>: >
>: >makes me excited thinking about it.
>: >
>: Well unless you jerk-off to Anime there is no reason to get all
>: excited. It was simply someone's idea of what it could/should be and
>: has absolutely no bearing on what it will be. If gas prices keep
>: going the way they are more then likely it will be a four banger.
>: >
>
>Someone take a **** in your Wheaties there ZW ?

Yeah, but that is another story.

>Last time I looked:
>Women STILL cannot 'jerk off'

I've heard women refer to female genital stimulation as jerking off,
but hey whatever floats your little man in the boat.

>Getting excited about a car was AOK

A real one yeah, but an unrealistic set of sketches?

>The Mustang still needs some serious competition - I doubt that it will be a
>4 banger.

Apparently none of the other Automakers really seem to think so. They
all abandoned the Pony Market to Ford. Until the recent incarnations
of the 300 they had pretty much left the full-size RWD market to them
as well. The Mustang at various points in it's life was a four-banger
and the designers always have to keep the bean-counters happy so
performance cars are usually first sold to management as commuters.

>AND
>
>I remember that some of the concept sketches ot the 05 Mustang were rumored
>to be all bunk when they first started circulation right here in this group.
>The car came out pretty close.

Some were close, some missed by a mile or more. I think GM is more
focused on the Sport-Tuners market ala the Cobalt then back to Pony
Cars.

Old August 31st 05, 12:56 AM
RichA

A sub-compact hybrid due to gas prices.
Ha ha ha!
-Rich

"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood
never gave us refunds for in the past"
Old August 31st 05, 02:16 AM

ZombyWoof wrote:

> If gas prices keep going the way they are more then likely it will be a four
> banger.

It may be blasphemy to many, but I'd be happy with a 4-banger Camaro.
As long as:

1) It pumped out suitable horsepower -- 300 via 2+ liters, 16Vs, and an
intercooled turbo.

2) The car's curb weight would be kept to less than 2,900lbs.

3) The gas mileage numbers would be considerably better than a similar
powered V8.

4) The sticker price would be the same, or less, than with a V8.

If all that could be met then I'd say 'Hello, SVO Camaro.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old August 31st 05, 02:25 AM
Spike

And just wait until you see the $30,000 Razor : 0 )

TechTV show a couple of nights ago had a Big Wheel with mods you can
buy online, including stereo, DVD player, neon lighting, etc... made
with adults in mind....