Changing alternator on 1992 Grand Caravan 3.3

Old December 19th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default Changing alternator on 1992 Grand Caravan 3.3

HOLY CRAP!!!

What happened to the good old days, when Chrysler put the alternator front
and center?!?!

Man, what a CHORE!

Old December 19th 10, 08:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve Newman

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> HOLY CRAP!!!
>
> What happened to the good old days, when Chrysler put the alternator front
> and center?!?!
>
> Man, what a CHORE!

Yea, it's a pain. On my 1991, I had to remove the alt. from the bottom,
loosening and moving
the power steering pump over out of the way, in order to make room to remove
the alternator.

Old December 20th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel who wants to know

"Steve Newman" > wrote in message

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
>> HOLY CRAP!!!
>>
>> What happened to the good old days, when Chrysler put the alternator
>> front
>> and center?!?!
>>
>> Man, what a CHORE!

> Yea, it's a pain. On my 1991, I had to remove the alt. from the bottom,
> loosening and moving
> the power steering pump over out of the way, in order to make room to
> remove the alternator.

Why? On my old '92 Dynasty and current '95 Grand Caravan (both 3.3) it was
easier to unbolt the power steering reservoir from the alt bracket and
unbolt the bracket from the plenum and timing cover then the alt popped
right out the top. The rear spark plugs on the other hand...

BTW get the 120 amp unit not the 90. They directly interchange.