Need to make 1996 Mustang GT Louder!!! an Faster!!! HELP

Old April 12th 05, 06:55 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 4/11/2005 7:47 PM, R wrote:

> hi everyone i am a owner of a 96 mustang gt....i have just put
> flowmaster exhaust cans on the car with the stock tailpips. It only
> really sounds good at about 2000 rpm an then i cant even hear it...
> kinda disapointing if u ask me, well i need help on how 2 wake up my
> 4.6 so u can hear it 5 miles away any suggestions?

Why did you waste money on mufflers if you wanted your car to be that loud?

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old April 12th 05, 09:07 PM

Garth,

LOL... well, he made it pretty clear that he doesn't exactly know what he's
doing. He's just throwing parts at it w/out doing his homework. Probably
based on a friend's recommendation or a shop's sales pitch.. maybe even a
performance shop's sales pitch. Who knows :P~~.

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Old April 12th 05, 09:16 PM
mustangGT_00

Yup, just as you said, but the front two were hard to take off, so I just
"emptyed" them so they are still there with nothing inside. it sounds the
same as I spent $$$ on aftermarket stuff.

Old April 12th 05, 09:35 PM

Why didn't ya pull the entire H-pipe & use a recip. saw to cut 'em out? Or
even an angle grinder w/ a cutting wheel... then grind it down. I'd use a
recip. saw & a few blades.

I'm shopping around for an H-pipe with 2 high-flow cats. I have a Steeda
adjustable clutch cable on the way.. should arrive tomorrow or day after.
Mine snapped .

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

lkaboutautos.com...

Old April 12th 05, 10:39 PM
SVTKate

"Stephan Rose" > wrote

| I could not be any calmer =)
|

| --
| Stephan
| 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

The Zen Master....

*snikker*giggle*

Riiiiight...!!

Old April 12th 05, 10:45 PM
SVTKate

> wrote in message
news | On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:08:07 GMT, "SVTKate"
| > wrote:
|
| >Yea.. sell it.
| >
| >You are too stupid to know that you will annoy the hell out of everyone
| >within that five mile radius and leave yourself as a target for every
| >patrolman that wants to write a dumbass like yourself a ticket.
| >
| >Sound harsh?
| >Try living next door to the moron that has the pipes that can be heard
"for
| >a five mile radius"
| >
| >A car can sound great without being loud enough to be obnoxious. You
wanna
| >hear a sweet sounding car? BlueStang98 has one that will make your dick
drop
| >in the dirt.
|
| >Nothing special really to look at - like a normal car
|
| Gee, thanks babe. Normal car, eh? Why I oughta...

You oughtta... whut????
Huh huh...?? I ain't scared of you.. .boy!
It DOES look normal, even with those ugly tail lights!
But man... put a bag over it's head and listen to it moan in your ear, and
it's all about the 10 at 2!

| >but when he turns the key, it turns heads. Runs like a rabbid assed ape
too.
| >it's tasteful, and audible.
|
| Okay, that's a little better, you're SORTA off the hook but you better
| watch your step! {;-)

No kidding! Like the last time I was OKC and didn't... ??? You got that one
right.

| >Go buy a Honda, drop it in the dirt, add a chicken wing to the deck lid
that
| >has at least a three foot lift and put a fart can muffler on it with lots
of
| >"make it go fast yellow" stickers and plug in some rap music and you will
be
| >in great shape.
| >
| rofl... funny stuff Kate, funny stuff.

I guess the kid's intentions are good, it was just a case of how it read
once posted.

| >Kate
| >98 Cobra Drop Top

| >"R" > wrote in message
| oups.com...
| >| hi everyone i am a owner of a 96 mustang gt....i have just put
| >| flowmaster exhaust cans on the car with the stock tailpips. It only
| >| really sounds good at about 2000 rpm an then i cant even hear it...
| >| kinda disapointing if u ask me, well i need help on how 2 wake up my
| >| 4.6 so u can hear it 5 miles away any suggestions?
| >|

Old April 12th 05, 11:09 PM
Quiet Desperation

In article . com>,
> wrote:

> well i need help on how 2 wake up my
> 4.6 so u can hear it 5 miles away any suggestions?

Cram eight guys in it and have them shout "VROOM! VROOM!" in unison.

Rinse.

Repeat.
Old April 12th 05, 11:14 PM

Lmao..

-Mike

Old April 13th 05, 01:46 AM
Stephan Rose

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:39:18 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>"Stephan Rose" > wrote
>|
>| I could not be any calmer =)
>|

>| --
>| Stephan
>| 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
>
>The Zen Master....
>
>*snikker*giggle*
>
>Riiiiight...!!

Hahaha but of course!! =)

I can, in a totally calm expression, calm voice, without the slightest
emotion, tell someone what a ****tard they are. No problem at all =)

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Old April 13th 05, 02:05 AM

R wrote:

> Hi everyone i am a owner of a 96 mustang gt....
> i have just put flowmaster exhaust cans on the
> car with the stock tailpips. It only really sounds
> good at about 2000 rpm an then i cant even hear it...
> kinda disapointing if u ask me, well i need help on
> how 2 wake up my 4.6 so u can hear it 5 miles away
> any suggestions?

Tube headers will add a lot of noise. Also get the largest diameter
pipes and cats you can find. Flowmaster 40's are widely acknowledged
as about the loudest thing out there, but they also make a race car
muffler that is even louder. H-pipes and X-pipes decrease the noise,
so stay away from those. An unsilenced air cleaner can add induction
howl. Removing sound insulation will make your car a lot louder from
the driver's seat. So will solid motor mounts.

180 Out
(No, I don't own a hearing aid company, but I wish I did.)