Return Of Bullitt

Old July 17th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Return Of Bullitt

Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt
Jul 9, 2007

Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.

The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by
Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.

A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve
McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a
dream role for him."

The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has
killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one of
the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car speeds
through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.

Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project has
only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately try to
kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen Actors Guild
begin their anticipated strike action.

Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the
western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford',
due out in October.
---

I'm guessing Ford will let the new/next Bullitt Mustang star in the
film, and Dodge the SRT-8 Charger...?

Patrick

Old July 17th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Tony Alonso

Some interesting conflicting information that this is NOT going to
happen is in this article -
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/p...in-production/

Old July 17th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 16, 6:50 pm, wrote:
> Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt
> Jul 9, 2007
>
> Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.
>
> The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by
> Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.
>
> A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve
> McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a
> dream role for him."
>
> The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has
> killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one of
> the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car speeds
> through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.
>
> Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project has
> only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately try to
> kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen Actors Guild
> begin their anticipated strike action.
>
> Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the
> western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford',
> due out in October.
> ---
>
> I'm guessing Ford will let the new/next Bullitt Mustang star in the
> film, and Dodge the SRT-8 Charger...?
>
> Patrick

I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a
production company could take over the city today the way the original
did in '68.

I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie. How many
times have I read in this very NG how bored the young uns get watching
the original. Maybe Brad wants a turkey remake to match Angie's Gone
in Sixty Seconds disaster. Will Brad wear the dreads too?

Nonetheless, if this thing gets even slightly good reviews I'll be
there (same as GISS II).

180 Out

Old July 17th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

wrote:
> On Jul 16, 6:50 pm, wrote:
>> Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt
>> Jul 9, 2007
>>
>> Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.
>>
>> The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by
>> Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.
>>
>> A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve
>> McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was
>> dream role for him."
>>
>> The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has
>> killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one
>> of the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car
>> speeds through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.
>>
>> Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project
>> has only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately
>> try to kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen
>> Actors Guild begin their anticipated strike action.
>>
>> Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the
>> western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert
>> Ford',
>> due out in October.
>> ---
>>
>> I'm guessing Ford will let the new/next Bullitt Mustang star in the
>> film, and Dodge the SRT-8 Charger...?
>>
>> Patrick

> I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a
> production company could take over the city today the way the
> original
> did in '68.
>
> I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie. How many
> times have I read in this very NG how bored the young uns get
> watching
> the original. Maybe Brad wants a turkey remake to match Angie's
> Gone
> in Sixty Seconds disaster. Will Brad wear the dreads too?
>
> Nonetheless, if this thing gets even slightly good reviews I'll be
> there (same as GISS II).
>
> 180 Out

Listen, Brad:

Steve McQueen was a racer

I /knew/ Steve McQueen

Brad, you're no Steve McQueen

Give it up

--
Frank ess

Old July 18th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 17, 7:32 am, Tony Alonso > wrote:
> Some interesting conflicting information that this is NOT going to
> happen is in this article -http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/pitt-bullitt-classic-mcqueen-remak...

I'm guessing Brad and Angie rented the "Gone in 60 Seconds" DVD and
decided one re-make turkey in the family is enough. Rats. I was
really looking forward to seeing Pitt in blonde dreadlocks.

180 Out

Old July 18th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Isn't there anyone left in Hollywood with an original idea for a movie
script?

Old July 18th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:
> On Jul 16, 6:50 pm, wrote:
>> Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt
>> Jul 9, 2007
>>
>> Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.
>>
>> The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by
>> Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.
>>
>> A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve
>> McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a
>> dream role for him."
>>
>> The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has
>> killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one of
>> the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car speeds
>> through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.
>>
>> Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project has
>> only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately try to
>> kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen Actors Guild
>> begin their anticipated strike action.
>>
>> Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the
>> western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford',
>> due out in October.
>> ---
>>
>> I'm guessing Ford will let the new/next Bullitt Mustang star in the
>> film, and Dodge the SRT-8 Charger...?
>>
>> Patrick

> I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a
> production company could take over the city today the way the original
> did in '68.
>
> I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie.
><snip>

Because most of Hollywood is brain dead. I guess they have used up
every original script idea and now have to rehash movies from the last
60 years to find a hit. They wonder why movie theater revenues keep
dropping? It's because they give us one or two decent original movies
every summer. Then they milk those for the next 5-10 years with
sequels. The same thing is happening in the music industry. There are
very few musicians/groups that I would shell out money for their albums.
Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will be bankrupt and
deservedly so.

Old July 19th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:57:27 -0400, Michael Johnson >
puked:

wrote:
>> On Jul 16, 6:50 pm, wrote:
>>> Brad Pitt On the Role of Lt Frank Bullitt
>>> Jul 9, 2007
>>>
>>> Brad Pitt will star in a remake of 60s classic movie 'Bullitt'.
>>>
>>> The actor will take the role of Lt Frank Bullitt made famous by
>>> Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in the 1968 original film.
>>>
>>> A source said: "Brad shares a lot of the same passions as Steve
>>> McQueen - including a love of motorbikes and fast cars - so it was a
>>> dream role for him."
>>>
>>> The original film sees the tough detective hunting a hitman who has
>>> killed his fellow officers. The movie is renowned for featuring one of
>>> the best car chases in cinema history as McQueen's Mustang car speeds
>>> through the rollercoaster streets of San Francisco.
>>>
>>> Brad, 43, has been linked with the role since 2003 but the project has
>>> only now been given the green light as film bosses desperately try to
>>> kick-start as many movies as possible before the Screen Actors Guild
>>> begin their anticipated strike action.
>>>
>>> Brad can next be seen playing legendary outlaw Jesse James in the
>>> western 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford',
>>> due out in October.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> I'm guessing Ford will let the new/next Bullitt Mustang star in the
>>> film, and Dodge the SRT-8 Charger...?
>>>
>>> Patrick

>> I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a
>> production company could take over the city today the way the original
>> did in '68.
>>
>> I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie.
>><snip>

>Because most of Hollywood is brain dead. I guess they have used up
>every original script idea and now have to rehash movies from the last
>60 years to find a hit. They wonder why movie theater revenues keep
>dropping? It's because they give us one or two decent original movies
>every summer. Then they milk those for the next 5-10 years with
>sequels. The same thing is happening in the music industry. There are
>very few musicians/groups that I would shell out money for their albums.
> Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will be bankrupt and
>deservedly so.

Two word: A-Team Movie

This could be awesome, guys, but OTOH...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old July 19th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:57:27 -0400, Michael Johnson >
> puked:
>
>> wrote:

>>> I wonder who will play the city of San Francisco? I doubt a
>>> production company could take over the city today the way the original
>>> did in '68.
>>>
>>> I also wonder why they would want to remake this movie.
>>> <snip>

>> Because most of Hollywood is brain dead. I guess they have used up
>> every original script idea and now have to rehash movies from the last
>> 60 years to find a hit. They wonder why movie theater revenues keep
>> dropping? It's because they give us one or two decent original movies
>> every summer. Then they milk those for the next 5-10 years with
>> sequels. The same thing is happening in the music industry. There are
>> very few musicians/groups that I would shell out money for their albums.
>> Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will be bankrupt and
>> deservedly so.

> Two word: A-Team Movie
>
> This could be awesome, guys, but OTOH...

Here's my problem with this type of movie... I know what it will be
before I sit down in the theater. It would be nice to get to a theater
without any premeditated plot. I think it is why I am gravitating away
from action movies. There are some that have come out like LOTR, The
Matrix, among a few others where they did the three movies, tied the
story off and were done with it. These movies had vision, purpose and a
good reason for sequels. One fed the other and did so in a logical,
necessary way that made the next movie in the sequence more enjoyable.
Do we really need another Die Hard movie? Is Spiderman IV really
something that will impress me? Heck, anymore I'll take a good chick
flick over a rehashed action movie. I guess my big complaint is that
Hollywood thinks throwing in awesome special effects means they don't
need a good plot or script.
Old July 20th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_73_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> lab~rat >:-) wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:57:27 -0400, Michael Johnson >
>> puked:

>>> Because most of Hollywood is brain dead. I guess they have used up
>>> every original script idea and now have to rehash movies from the
>>> last 60 years to find a hit. They wonder why movie theater revenues
>>> keep dropping? It's because they give us one or two decent original
>>> movies every summer. Then they milk those for the next 5-10 years
>>> with sequels. The same thing is happening in the music industry.
>>> There are very few musicians/groups that I would shell out money for
>>> their albums.
>>> Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will be bankrupt
>>> and
>>> deservedly so.

>> Two word: A-Team Movie
>>
>> This could be awesome, guys, but OTOH...

> Here's my problem with this type of movie... I know what it will be
> before I sit down in the theater. It would be nice to get to a
> theater without any premeditated plot. I think it is why I am
> gravitating away from action movies. There are some that have come
> out like LOTR, The Matrix, among a few others where they did the three
> movies, tied the story off and were done with it. These movies had
> vision, purpose and a good reason for sequels. One fed the other and
> did so in a logical, necessary way that made the next movie in the
> sequence more enjoyable. Do we really need another Die Hard movie? Is
> Spiderman IV really something that will impress me? Heck, anymore
> I'll take a good chick flick over a rehashed action movie. I guess my
> big complaint is that Hollywood thinks throwing in awesome special
> effects means they don't need a good plot or script.

Hollywood is indeed brain dead. Nothing good at all coming out of there
except perhaps the Simpsons Movie and Pirates of the Carribean stuff.
The last thing we need is more remakes.

That being said, the one remake I'd really love to see (and it's never
been done) is Dr. Strangelove - one of the best movies of all time IMO.
I'd love to be in on the casting for that one...

2008.5 Bullītt Đavīd Ford Mustang 0 December 3rd 06 09:25 PM
Mustang Bullitt For Sale Mark Ford Mustang 0 July 31st 05 11:12 PM
The Bullitt Story [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 April 20th 05 04:07 AM
want to Buy -Bullitt wheels news Ford Mustang 0 February 24th 05 12:16 AM
Supercharging My Bullitt Tomdrk45 Ford Mustang 4 January 9th 05 09:22 AM