Good News!( And a warning to all ya'll down south)

Old August 28th 05, 12:03 AM
SVTKate

Default Good News!( And a warning to all ya'll down south)

The Redheaded Car Killer and my fabulous little grandson will be moving here
to Tennessee!
I am so completely excited I can barely stand it, they will be here in 10
days.

The funny thing is, while she was out here we went to the track.
One poor ol suth'n boy became completely enamored with her and has been to
our house twice for supper and a couple of times to visit since she left
(only couple of weeks ago) and has been calling her (and us) at least three
times a week.

*laughing loudly*

Are you ready for this?

He's going to teach her how to drive his race car!
Uhh... he drives a pretty fast SS Camaro, and hell, I don't know what his
race car is but whatever it is... it's a Chebby.
Do ya think it could be the little head doin the thinkin here ??? LOL!

RUN BOYS! RUN!!!!!

Kate

Old August 28th 05, 04:45 PM
Cobra Boy

Keep her away form that chevy man Kate, you know they're up to no good.
Excobra boy still
nk.net...

Old August 28th 05, 04:48 PM
SVTKate

Aww hell, he's a nice kid! Smart as a whip, nearly has his degree in
business management and has a great sense of humor.
HAH! He's a redhead too, he could be my redheaded step child LOL

I'll keep him as an adopted son, even if they decide they are just buddies

After all, I'm not sure he has ever DRIVEN a Cobra... maybe I should let him
give her a run.

Kate

"Cobra Boy" > wrote in message
: Keep her away form that chevy man Kate, you know they're up to no good.
: Excobra boy still
: "SVTKate" > wrote in message
: nk.net...
: > The Redheaded Car Killer and my fabulous little grandson will be moving
: here
: > to Tennessee!
: > I am so completely excited I can barely stand it, they will be here in
10
: > days.
: >
[...]
:
:

Old August 28th 05, 06:55 PM
dwight

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Aww hell, he's a nice kid! Smart as a whip, nearly has his degree in
> business management and has a great sense of humor.
> HAH! He's a redhead too, he could be my redheaded step child LOL
>
> I'll keep him as an adopted son, even if they decide they are just buddies
>
> After all, I'm not sure he has ever DRIVEN a Cobra... maybe I should let
> him
> give her a run.
>
> Kate

And if she's going to kill another car, let it be his Chevy.

Emily has stopped bringing her dates home to meet us. I'm always afraid it's
because they drive Camaros. Or, worse, Scions.

dwight

Old August 29th 05, 12:09 PM
SVTKate

"dwight" > wrote in message
: "SVTKate" > wrote in message
: ink.net...
[...]

I agree 100% about the Camaro instead of my car. Sooner or later her bad
luck has to run out.
I'm going to have to find her a cheapo little car though.

He was here again last night, Sunday supper at mom's house .
We talked about it a little and he is determined to let/teach her how to
drive his race car and to start with his Camaro. I reminded him that
insurance does not usually cover if you crash during a speed event,
He looked me and grinned and said "Yes momma" Sooooooooo Shame on HIM if
something happens.

I can't imagine my kids never bringing home dates. They just know that is
what is expected. I think they like to torture those poor boys by subjecting
them to mom. It's kinda fun. They always ask me "what do you think mom?" I
have actually had to run off a couple of the guys they have dated.
One of them, when Kristen was 17, He was about 22. I knew him because he had
dated her older sister a couple of years before, the creep. I looked him
square in the eye and said "Hmm.. I think I know you! He said yea.... I said
very firmly "I think you're a little too old to be dating my daughter.. can
you spell JAILBAIT?" Funny thing, he made his escape and never called again.
Well, now that one is married, the other a confirmed bachelor and Kristen
on her way here, I suppose that it has changed some..

Old August 29th 05, 01:57 PM
Scott Van Nest

I thought you ran away from CA to get away from the kids?

Scott
nk.net...

Old August 30th 05, 02:37 AM
SVTKate

"Scott Van Nest" > wrote in message
:I thought you ran away from CA to get away from the kids?

I did, but hell, not the little grandson!

: Scott
: nk.net...

Old August 30th 05, 03:53 AM
Scott Van Nest

Give it a week. He won't be as cute as you think.

Scott
ink.net...

Old August 30th 05, 11:40 AM
Backyard Mechanic

"SVTKate" > wrote in
k.net:

> He was here again last night, Sunday supper at mom's house .
> We talked about it a little and he is determined to let/teach her how
> to drive his race car and to start with his Camaro. I reminded him
> that insurance does not usually cover if you crash during a speed
> event, He looked me and grinned and said "Yes momma" Sooooooooo Shame
> on HIM if something happens.

Sounds like he's alright.

Remember there is NOTHING particularly wrong with Chevvies... the problem
is the people who tend to buy them! Like anyone who would put the pee-ing
sticker on their car..

And there are always exceptions that prove the rule. Just as I have always
bought Fords partially because my whole family is GM

He may not have known any better....
Old August 30th 05, 12:45 PM
SVTKate

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
: "SVTKate" > wrote in
: k.net:
:
:
:
[...]

I was an all Chevy gal till I bought my Bronco II in about 92. Loved the
little beast.
Then I met and married my Ford man, and have driven Fords exclusively.
BUT not because I am so very brand loyal, because frankly I am a little
tired of Fords.

I have been looking at cars lately, and actually going out of my way to look
at everything but Fords.
The GM products that I drove actually had fewer mechanical problems than my
Fords have had but to be fair, the GM products were trucks with (one
exception) and were in a constant state of modification so if there were
problems they were not detected.

I'm bored with Ford.