Why not a cycle-free day?

Old March 10th 12, 04:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.misc
Peter Keller

Default Why not a cycle-free day?

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:00:12 +0000, Judith wrote:

> Porky Chapman

Both the vengeance stalker and terrorist stalker (the latter sometimes
called the political stalker) do not, in contrast with some of the
aforementioned types of stalkers, seek a personal relationship with their
victims but rather force them to emit a certain response favourable to
the stalker.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old April 3rd 12, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.misc
JNugent[_3_]

On 06/03/2012 23:14, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:36:54 +0000, Bertie Wooster
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:42:08 +0000, >
>> wrote:

>>> So why would anyone want to sentence more car-drivers to use TfL (or British
>>> Rail) at rush hour?

>> To demonstrate that 15 minutes of pure hell on the Grove Park to
>> London Bridge train is slightly more tolerable than the 60 minutes of
>> even purer hell on the South Circular, A21 and Lower Road during the
>> morning rush hour?

> Precisely.
>
> Door to door times to the City by train& bike 1:00; by train& tube:
> 1:15; by car: 2:00.

And of course, no-one ever needs to go anywhere except Central London, do they?
Old April 3rd 12, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,rec.autos.misc
JNugent[_3_]

On 07/03/2012 19:16, Bertie Wooster wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:56:50 +0000, >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/2012 20:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

>>> To demonstrate that 15 minutes of pure hell on the Grove Park to
>>> London Bridge train is slightly more tolerable than the 60 minutes of
>>> even purer hell on the South Circular, A21 and Lower Road during the
>>> morning rush hour?

>> But "why"?

> To leave London's streets freer for cyclists to enjoy?

But *why*?