specific gravity of Walmart battery

Old March 9th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
georged

Default specific gravity of Walmart battery

I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
cells and let me know what readings they get.
Old March 9th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Charlie Darwin

"georged" > wrote in message

>I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

A little self-centered, are we?

Old March 9th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Radioguy

On Mar 9, 7:35*am, georged > wrote:
> I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

Are you thinking they should be different because of the brand? In my
experience battery hydrometers have a single scale that applies to all
batteries. A battery hydrometer is good mostly for identifying a
weak cell but after charging be sure to let the battery rest before
you use the hydro.
Old March 10th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

georged > wrote in news:fa3622b1-4f35-44b6-a006-
:

> I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

All automotive starting batteries operate the same way. Correct and
incorrect readings are the same regardless of brand.

How to check your battery properly:
Go he
http://www.batteryfaq.org/
- Click on the first listing (the English FAQ)
- Click on item 4, "HOW DO I TEST A BATTERY?"

--
Tegger

Old March 10th 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

georged wrote:
> I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

What you are looking for is uneven readings, same as for compression.
If one cell is lower than the rest it is a bad one usually.

If they are all low, then look to a bad connection or a bad alternator.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and
Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Old March 11th 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Johnny[_5_]

On Mar 9, 5:35*am, georged > wrote:
> I woul like someone that has an EverStart maxx batttery to check their
> cells and let me know what readings they get.

you can check your cells with a volt meter and it will prove to be
more accurate. to do this disconnect the battery cables, neg. first.
then remove all the caps to the cells, set your DMM to volts, hold one
lead on either of the battery posts and touch the metal tip of the
other lead into the electrolite in the cell closest to the post you
are touching, then start moving away checking each cell in the same
fashion, you should find on a fully charged battery that each cell has
2.1 volts, remember they will start adding as you move through the
cells 2.1v, 4.2v, 6.3v, 8.4v, 10.5v, and 12.6v

usually though, if you suspect a bad battery or alternator you can
take it to your local napa dealer and they will load test either for
you and no charge

Walmart find dragenwagen VW air cooled 9 May 30th 07 11:46 PM
walmart house oil? Sean&Heather Chrysler 45 March 28th 06 12:21 AM
Just got home with NSR. Walmart had it! It's not you! Simulators 6 February 18th 05 01:38 AM
Which Walmart key for '98 jetta? Richard Thomas VW water cooled 14 October 30th 04 03:21 PM
Zero Gravity Performance Module Andrew Perlow Dodge 6 May 24th 04 05:52 AM