My Miata bogs down in first

Old May 1st 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bob1123

Default My Miata bogs down in first

Can anyone help? My Miata bogs down when I release the clutch into first,
it struggles for a bit, then gives me the acceleration I'm used to. Every
other gear transition is fine. NOTE: this situations only happens when I'm
driving my car "gently", i.e a standard traffic start/stop. Thanks.

Old May 1st 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

A Miata engine does not have a lot of torque at low RPM.
It may be that things such as new plugs, wires, decent fuel, and an air
filter will help.
Or, you might raise the rpm a bit when you are letting out the clutch.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 1st 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article
outautos.com>,
"Bob1123" > wrote:

> My Miata bogs down when I release the clutch into first,
> it struggles for a bit, then gives me the acceleration I'm used to.

That's the first symptom that the plug wires need to be replaced.
Old May 1st 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

You might also do the timing 'bump' from 10 BTDC to 14 BTDC. It really does
make a noticeable difference on the 1.6 liter. Of course, the maintenance
items mentioned are suspect also, definitely do those.

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB