Dodge might try to compete with Mazda.

Old April 25th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

Default Dodge might try to compete with Mazda.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...demon_concept/

Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?

Old April 25th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Mal Osborne" > wrote:

> http://www.motortrend.com/features/a..._news0700212_d
> odge_demon_concept/
>
> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata
> killer?

No way to tell w/o driving it. Remember, I really wanted to like the
new MX-5 but driving it removed it from my list of cars I'd ever
consider as I didn't fit in it at all....

Based on looks, I'd probably drive it before trying a Solstice or a
Skye if I were ever in the market again.

Old April 25th 07, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
JD

Mal Osborne wrote:
> http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...demon_concept/
>

> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?

Based on bang for the buck, I'd say yes. The price of a new Miata is
really getting out of hand for what it was supposed to be. I think the
Demon is a little too chiseled looking almost as though there was a
little too much Daimler influence in the body design.

JD
Old April 25th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_news0700212_dodge_demon_concept/>> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?Not on its looks, at least not in my book - my God that front is ugly. As isthe rear. As is the inside of it. In fact, the whole thing is truly ugly.But then that's just my opinion.Eric

Old April 25th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MYOFB

"Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
> http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...demon_concept/
>
> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?

A roadster produced by an American auto company?! Let's think of some
previous examples, like the Thunderbird, the Mustang, and the Corvette.
Dodge will turn this thing into something roughly the size of an SUV within
three years.

Old April 25th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

"Eric Baber" > wrote in message
> http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_news0700212_dodge_demon_concept/>>
> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?Not on
> its looks, at least not in my book - my God that front is ugly. As isthe
> rear. As is the inside of it. In fact, the whole thing is truly ugly.But
> then that's just my opinion.Eric

LOL, yep, I agree it's ugly. Never be a gay icon, way to tasteless!

Old April 25th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
JD

Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MYOFB wrote:
> "Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
>> http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...demon_concept/
>>
>> Anyone think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?

> A roadster produced by an American auto company?! Let's think of some
> previous examples, like the Thunderbird, the Mustang, and the Corvette.
> Dodge will turn this thing into something roughly the size of an SUV within
> three years.

The Mustang was never really a roadster (4 seats). The 'Vette has
remained pretty true to its performance heritage and the T-bird, while
Ford did really screw the pooch on the original concept, is at least
back on track with the new one if not a little too late.

JD
Old April 25th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:24:07 GMT, JD > wrote:

>.... the T-bird, while
>Ford did really screw the pooch on the original concept, is at least
>back on track with the new one...

Well, if you consider bloated, retro, and hideously ugly to be "back on
track"...

-- Larry
Old April 25th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

JD wrote:

> The Mustang was never really a roadster (4 seats). The 'Vette has
> remained pretty true to its performance heritage and the T-bird, while
> Ford did really screw the pooch on the original concept, is at least
> back on track with the new one if not a little too late.

Isn't it more like the Corvette is back where it should after something
like two decades of being a heavy sofa :-)

As for the Dodge taking on the Miata I don't really see it. Maybe in the
US but else where the US cars don't really have a good name and it's
bloddy hard to even come close to Mazda reputation for quality.

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/to...28339010848601
http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/to...28339010848601

Of course quality is only one aspect but I do think many Miata drivers
are pretty demanding else they would be driving old MG's :-)

Kind regards
Bruno
Old April 25th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Bruno > wrote:

> I do think many Miata drivers
> are pretty demanding else they would be driving old MG's

BTDT. I'd sooner poke my eyes out with a fork. Or buy a Dodge.

Mazda Parts for a Mazda 1000 Coupe 1968 Model MPA Series SB Mazda 1 August 1st 12 09:52 AM
Mazda 626 [email protected] Technology 4 April 7th 06 05:56 PM
Mazda 323 bri_cin Technology 4 December 10th 05 04:13 AM
** A FREE instant car quote from your local dealers (they compete!) RaRly Driving 0 March 10th 05 05:01 AM
mazda mx5 sylvester Mazda 0 September 1st 04 09:53 PM