Lime Creek - cold but fast this weekend!

Old April 17th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

Default Lime Creek - cold but fast this weekend!

I was up in Austin again this weekend. It was too cold on Saturday to
drop the top but that didn't keep me, the dog, and my Miata off Lime
Creek. Great drive! Only encountered two other cars on the way out and
only one other (and it was a Miata, too!) on the way back. While I
never made it up on two wheels, I did take a bunch of those "15mph"
turns at 40mph...and on one of them I ended up doing about 20 feet of
it with my back wheels trying to get ahead of my front wheels. Hey you
locals - what's up with the construction pilons? Should we prepare to
mourn the loss of another great driving road?

I couldn't help but wonder if a petition would get the whole stretch
from where 2222 crosses 360 to where Lime Creek meets 1431 turned into
a closed course for a day - say have the outbound run from 10am - 2pm
and the inbound run from 3pm - 7pm. That way we would be able to just
fly like crazy people! (Not that some of us don't already of course.)

And the al pastor tacos at Texaco were good again this time, too.
Extra cilantro, por favor! -Carol

Old April 19th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Well, did you hook up with Pat and show him what 'fast women' are really all
about? He's right there you know! Wish I could have been there. What time
of day did you run it, it's usually not that sparse except in the wee hours
of the am.

Saturday was a mess here in Houston, Sunday was wonderfull. Planned a drive
with a few yuppie Harley biker friends. I won't be doing that again, they go
SLOW on the straights AND the curves! Screw that! It was more than a bit
agrivating. They seemed to be passionate about going 58mph no matter how
high the speed limit was. I know I can't stand getting stuck behind those
type of groups but I think it was worse 'leading' the group. Worst part is I
can't really say anything to them about it w/o rustling some feathers. The
question is how do I get out of it if they organize the same such ........?

Sorry to vent here but I know they won't see this!

Chris
99BBB