Looking for a Miata-SoutWest US

Old March 26th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Cat in the Hat

Default Looking for a Miata-SoutWest US

Last Thursday I totaled my wife's red 93. But it did save my life. Airbag
deployed, seat belts were snug, only minor injuries, considering what the
alternatives were.
Anyhow, We are looking for another Miata and if anyone has one for sale or
knows where one is for sale in the SW , please let me know. We live in
Tucson, Arizona, if that helps.
Tom

Old March 26th 07, 10:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_2_]

"Cat in the Hat" > wrote:

> Last Thursday I totaled my wife's red 93. But it did save my
> life. Airbag deployed, seat belts were snug, only minor injuries,
> considering what the alternatives were.

I'm glad the car saved your life, pretty solid little critters, aren't
they? Your wife is OK, I hope? From your post I'm guessing she wasn't
with you?

> Anyhow, We are looking for another Miata and if anyone has one
> for sale or knows where one is for sale in the SW , please let me
> know. We live in Tucson, Arizona, if that helps.

I ass-U-me you'll check the usual places, local paper, Phoenix paper,
Craig's list, Cars.com, etc. There are some for sale on miata.net but
I haven't looked to see if there are any in your area.

You know Google will find you the newspapers for Albuquerque, San
Diego, etc., you can check classifieds there.

Old March 28th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!

Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some (most?)
of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata shoppers!

Chris
99BBB

Old March 28th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!
>
> Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some (most?)
> of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata shoppers!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Yes, there have been some insane deals lately. I may stay with the '91
turbo, at least for now, but some of these deals are very tempting.

Austin has at least a couple of interesting new ones go up every week on
Craigslist, though only one has come equipped with a "WING + HUGE TAK!".

Pat
Old March 28th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!
>
> Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some (most?)
> of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata shoppers!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

There are a few interesting low-mileage miatas that have shown up recently.

Here is a 1993 LE for just under $4,000.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/299199707.html

Here is a 10 AE for a little over $10,000.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/301401491.html

And for a little over $16,000, here is a 2004 Mazdaspeed miata.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/285858282.html

No affiliation.

Pat

Old March 28th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Mar 27, 9:21 pm, pws > wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> > It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!

> > Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some (most?)
> > of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata shoppers!

> > Chris
> > 99BBB

> There are a few interesting low-mileage miatas that have shown up recently.
>
> Here is a 1993 LE for just under $4,000.
>
> http://austin.craigslist.org/car/299199707.html
>
> Here is a 10 AE for a little over $10,000.
>
> http://austin.craigslist.org/car/301401491.html

"..and like a girl gone wild, this Convertible is ready to have its
top taken off."

Nice. I think I will call mine CGGW now (the 'C' is for classy,
'cause that's what she is ;-).

Cat in the Hat, glad you're okay and a couple other websites you might
want to take a look at are autotrader.com and eBay motors. Very easy
to set search parameters (including location, price, etc.) on
autotrader, and you get a good idea of what people are asking in your
area. As for the latter, I used to think "Who buys a car on eBay?",
but I got CGGW on eBay two months ago and it worked out great. It
probably isn't for everyone but if you are patient, careful, and
flexible, there is a ton of offerings and you may end up with a sweet
deal. Anyway, good luck on your search.

Old April 14th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Cat in the Hat

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 27, 9:21 pm, pws > wrote:
>> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> > It's not hard finding Miata's, it's hard PICKING just one!

>> > Good luck, post some specs here if you have a couple in mind. Some
>> > (most?)
>> > of us are ardent (can't say professional, nobody pays me) Miata
>> > shoppers!

>> > Chris
>> > 99BBB

>> There are a few interesting low-mileage miatas that have shown up
>> recently.
>>
>> Here is a 1993 LE for just under $4,000.
>>
>> http://austin.craigslist.org/car/299199707.html
>>
>> Here is a 10 AE for a little over $10,000.
>>
>> http://austin.craigslist.org/car/301401491.html

> "..and like a girl gone wild, this Convertible is ready to have its
> top taken off."
>
> Nice. I think I will call mine CGGW now (the 'C' is for classy,
> 'cause that's what she is ;-).
>
> Cat in the Hat, glad you're okay and a couple other websites you might
> want to take a look at are autotrader.com and eBay motors. Very easy
> to set search parameters (including location, price, etc.) on
> autotrader, and you get a good idea of what people are asking in your
> area. As for the latter, I used to think "Who buys a car on eBay?",
> but I got CGGW on eBay two months ago and it worked out great. It
> probably isn't for everyone but if you are patient, careful, and
> flexible, there is a ton of offerings and you may end up with a sweet
> deal. Anyway, good luck on your search.

My bride and I have been using all the suggestions to look for a
replacement for her "Mimi" (as she called it.)
Tomorrow we are going to look at two 95 M editions. They are almost
identical, only difference being mileage. We're taking cash and coming home
with one of them...I'd love to buy 'em both...(honey, if you're reading
this, I'm kidding.)
Not!
Tom

Old April 14th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"Cat in the Hat" > wrote
> Tomorrow we are going to look at two 95 M editions. They are almost
> identical, only difference being mileage. We're taking cash and coming
> home with one of them...I'd love to buy 'em both...(honey, if you're
> reading this, I'm kidding.)
> Not!
> Tom

The last "Tom" we had here ended up buying FIVE Miatas after selling his new
Corvette. It is your destiny.....
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old April 15th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Cat in the Hat

"Ken Lyons" > wrote in message
> "Cat in the Hat" > wrote
>> Tomorrow we are going to look at two 95 M editions. They are almost
>> identical, only difference being mileage. We're taking cash and coming
>> home with one of them...I'd love to buy 'em both...(honey, if you're
>> reading this, I'm kidding.)
>> Not!
>> Tom

> The last "Tom" we had here ended up buying FIVE Miatas after selling his
> new Corvette. It is your destiny.....
> --
> Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
> Inside the Beltway
> [Remove the first two digits to reply]

Ken, that's a destiny I won't complain having! We bought the first one we
looked at, it is absolutely gorgeous! Yes, I'd love to have a matched set
but ya can't have everything...at least not yet.
Tom

Old April 16th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Ken Lyons wrote:

> The last "Tom" we had here ended up buying FIVE Miatas after selling his new
> Corvette. It is your destiny.....

All M1's, iirc.
A yellow '92, a black '93LE, a '95M Edition and two more that I can't
remember but it seemed like they were also pre-1999 models.

I can see owning two miatas, and possibly even three, but I think that I
would get a Sport Vehicle (not utility!) or a beater pickup truck, and
then a people hauler sedan as my fourth & fifth vehicles if I had 5 of them.
Of course, he may have these as well, the *******. He probably has an
airplane and a big yacht back there too. :-)

Pat

Miata vs Z3? Dana Rohleder Mazda 29 March 18th 06 12:37 AM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Perhaps I should buy a Miata? [email protected] Mazda 32 December 18th 05 03:09 AM
Miata A/C Jerry Mazda 3 July 30th 05 04:28 AM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM