04 Liberty Sport NO Start and dull clicking noise

Old February 26th 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default 04 Liberty Sport NO Start and dull clicking noise

Be aware that dirty cable connections cut down on the power the
alternator can put into the battery making it go dead.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and
Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Old February 27th 09, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Socks

Replace the battery.
I had all sorts of strange things happen when the battery went "flat"
in out KJ. Even though the little "eye" in the battery was green and
said that it was still "OK" and a multi meter indicated that the
battery was good. (Not to mention the after market volt meter said the
same thing.
Our Liberty would only start once charged up with a the JK sitting
with the ignition off and charging via a boost from another vehicle.
I grabbed an Optima battery from my hobby car and installed it in the
KJ and the truck started up first time with no problems!

I ended replacing the stock battery with a new Optima Red top after
taking it to the local dealership to have the alternator (And
everything else checked out- for free I'll add!)
and have never had any problems with starting 'er up any more!

I have spoken to many Kj owners about this problem and they have all
told me the same thing. Replace the battery.

Have a nice day.

Ry'

Clicking noise [email protected] Technology 1 April 14th 07 08:02 PM
BMW X5 Clicking noise juma gul BMW 6 September 25th 06 06:32 PM
Clicking Noise in C5 RalfMalf Corvette 8 November 15th 05 11:35 PM
Clicking Noise on 2004 RalfMalf Corvette 8 October 12th 05 10:32 PM
tracking down clicking noise DougW Jeep 4 September 5th 05 06:50 AM