Any Massachusetts Honda dealers reading this?

Old November 10th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mikhail T.

Default Any Massachusetts Honda dealers reading this?

I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request for a
quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know how to use
it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their IT-departments value
presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility :-(

So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following important

Automatic Transmission
GPS
Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)
Remote Starter
Moon-roof

Color is not too important, but grey is preferred. Please, respond by
e-mail. Thank you very much!

-mi
Old November 11th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave Kelsen

On 11/10/2006 4:14 PM Mikhail T. spake these words of knowledge:

> I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request for a
> quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know how to use
> it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their IT-departments value
> presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility :-(
>
> So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following important
>
> Automatic Transmission
> GPS
> Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)
> Remote Starter
> Moon-roof
>
> Color is not too important, but grey is preferred. Please, respond by
> e-mail. Thank you very much!
>
> -mi

Just between you and me and the wall, there are one hell of a lot more
people (including Honda dealer employees) who know how to handle email
than who have ever even heard of usenet.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person,
having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words." -- George Eliot
Old November 11th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_7_]

"Dave Kelsen" > wrote in message
.. .
> On 11/10/2006 4:14 PM Mikhail T. spake these words of knowledge:
>
> > I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request for a
> > quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know how to use
> > it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their IT-departments value
> > presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility :-(
> >
> > So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following important
> >
> > Automatic Transmission
> > GPS
> > Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)
> > Remote Starter
> > Moon-roof
> >
> > Color is not too important, but grey is preferred. Please, respond by
> > e-mail. Thank you very much!
> >
> > -mi

> Just between you and me and the wall, there are one hell of a lot more
> people (including Honda dealer employees) who know how to handle email
> than who have ever even heard of usenet.

Heh, try sending a fax. Maybe they'll think you someone important.

Earle

Old November 11th 06, 01:15 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
L Alpert[_1_]

Mikhail T. wrote:
> I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request
> for a quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know
> how to use it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their
> IT-departments value presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility
> :-(
>
> So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following
> important options:
>
> Automatic Transmission
> GPS
> Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)
> Remote Starter
> Moon-roof
>
> Color is not too important, but grey is preferred. Please, respond by
> e-mail. Thank you very much!
>
> -mi

Try carsdirect.com or autonation.com.

I've gotten same day quotes.

Old November 11th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
TomP[_1_]

"Mikhail T." wrote:

> I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request for a
> quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know how to use
> it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their IT-departments value
> presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility :-(
>
> So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following important

Good luck with that; the Fit is in high demand. Even if you walked
in to a dealer, with cash, and they had one in stock, you'd be hard pressed
to get it for MSRP + 20%.

> Automatic Transmission

Is available + $1000 over manual trans price.

> GPS

Might be available in the future as an accessory (Garmin Nuvi) +
$1000

> Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)

You're on your own.

> Remote Starter

Can be done; but not an authorized Honda accessory. + $ ??????

> Moon-roof

Would absolutely be an after market butcher job... + $ ???????

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old November 11th 06, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
John Horner

Mikhail T. wrote:
> I've given up trying to get Honda dealers to respond to my request for a
> quote via e-mail. I suspect, an average one just doesn't know how to use
> it. Judging by their Flash-heavy web-sites, their IT-departments value
> presentation ONLY, caring little for the utility :-(
>
> So... I'd like a quote on Honda Fit (Sport) with the following important
>
> Automatic Transmission
> GPS
> Bluetooth integration -- for cell-phone(s)
> Remote Starter
> Moon-roof
>
> Color is not too important, but grey is preferred. Please, respond by
> e-mail. Thank you very much!
>
> -mi

If you were looking for an Accord they would probably jump on your
request, but since Fits are sold out well in advance they probably have
little reason to chase you. If you want a Fit, you are going to have to
visit people in person and be willing to pay the price. Personally I
would wait for a better supply:demand balance before getting one.

The real bargain Honda right now is a 4 cylinder manual transmission
Accord. You can get them fairly cheap and it is a good car.

John

Old November 11th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ponchonutty[_4_]

Honda hasn't stepped up to the plate as far as options or creature
comforts. Sunroof, remote start, GPS, and bluetooth will have to be
aftermarket items for sure. I should know, I own an aftermarket bizz
that caters to dealerships.

--
ponchonutty
ponchonutty's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=94610