Fuel Injection Conversion

Old October 27th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

Default Fuel Injection Conversion

Just picked up an '87 Wrangler for a mere song. I'm going to change it over
to fuel injection, but don't remember where to buy the Holley projection
kit.

Any one with the link?

Or, anyone with a better idea for fuel injection than the Holley?

Spdloader

1987 Jeep Wrangler
4.2L, Poser, bone stock, but all new tub and fenders.

1997 Jeep Wrangler
2.5L Poser

Old October 27th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Micah

Mopar makes an FI kit that will set you back around $2k. Howell's will
run around $1200. I didn't even know Holley made a fuel injection kit
for the YJ.

Old October 27th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

Thanks, found this, too.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic.../photo_01.html

The old Holley kit was called "YJ pro-jection". It may no longer be
available.

Spdloader

oups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

http://www.holley.com/502-20S.asp
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 27th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

Well, I found that one too, but it says it's only for V-8 applications.
Spdloader

Old October 27th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_7_]

Why?

Earle

Old October 27th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I thought it would be worth a call, in that it just showed they
still make them. This number was for a 670 CFM which you wouldn't need
until you were above 8,000 RPMs:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/258cfm8000.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old October 28th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

What about finding a fuel injected parts Jeep and using those parts to
convert yours?

Jeff DeWitt

Old October 29th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

I don't really have a good reason Earle, just that I've always wanted to do
it.
Not sure why. Plus, it'll be winter soon and I'm needing a basement project.

Spdloader

.. .

Old October 29th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

That's a good idea too.

Spdloader