95 Wrangler Sahara - broken wiper stalk - need help

Old October 15th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tobor

Default 95 Wrangler Sahara - broken wiper stalk - need help

I just bought a 95 Wrangler Sahara. The wiper, turn signal, stalk is
broken - the wiper just spins and spins. It has cruise control. I
bought the new stalk and every thing was working great until I found
the cruise control wire (I think its for the cruise control) has a
different connector. Went back to the dealer and they said it was the
only part listed for any of the YJ. The connector on the jeep has 6
pins, 4 of them have wires. The new part has a flat connector -its not
similar. Does anyone know if this needs to be spliced, or is there
another stalk/connector that matches my car? Also, if it does need to
be spliced, all the colors seem to be the same except on the old part
there is a white wire, on the new a yellow wire. The other three
colors are blue, black, and orange. Do I just match up all the colors
except match yellow to white? Is there an adapter?

Thanks in advance

Old October 15th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Take the old part to the dealership parts department. They Should be able
to find the part number or look through the catalogue a year before and
after your model and find the part.

oups.com...

Old October 15th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_7_]

Sorry I don't know, but I think you are going to have problems if you assume
that yellow equals white, without getting confirmation. I would be looking
for a wiring diagram in your place. The Haynes Manual I have for the 87-95
Wrangler wouldn't be any help at all.

Earle

oups.com...

Old October 15th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tobor

Thanks. That is what I thought too, but the parts manager looked it up
of all the YJs and it was the same part number. He kept asking me if I
wanted to reorder the same part. This made no sense to me - although
he was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in the problem..
It was a jeep dealership, so I was hoping that someone there would have
some experience. But, they said there were no jeep mechanics there
(there were about 15 jeeps on lifts, I guess on the weekends they only
do real minor stuff). Its been a very strange experience all the way
around.

Old October 15th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tobor

Thanks, thats funny cause I have been looking at the Haynes manual
hoping for some guidance - I dont see it either and they punt in the
section on cruise control. The section about the fixing the turn
signal in the book doesn't even show the stalk. I can't be the first
person to have this problem, the stalk seems to be a weak spot, I have
seen other posts from people fixing the stalk but never a mention of
this problem.