CAI/Dual Exhaust

Old March 11th 05, 10:49 PM
Sunset Sam

Default CAI/Dual Exhaust

I've been considering adding a cold air intake, and dual exhaust. It's
my understanding that I also need to add a chip to be able to "tune" the
differences that those modifications will make...

Is this true?

'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Old March 11th 05, 11:16 PM
WraithCobra

No, you will not need a chip for these modifications. Adding a CAI and a
Dual exhaust, either dual off the single cat back or a custom catted H pipe,
will only add a few horses to a V6. A true dual exhaust with a custom H pipe
will actually lower the power at lower rpm's and the gain will show as peak
horsepower. Unless you plan to spend $$ on a supercharger those additions
are pretty much eye candy.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old March 11th 05, 11:47 PM
Just A Guy©

Hmm, I have both done to my '04 V6 (CAI and single catback with duals), and
at about $400 later, I'm satisfied.

I say go for it.

Just A Guy

Old March 12th 05, 01:07 AM
351CJ

Satisfied with what? Change in the exhaust noise? Actual performance
improvements? How it looks underneath?

?

Just A Guy© wrote:
> Hmm, I have both done to my '04 V6 (CAI and single catback with duals), and
> at about $400 later, I'm satisfied.
>
> I say go for it.
>
> Just A Guy
>
> "WraithCobra" > wrote in message
>
>>No, you will not need a chip for these modifications. Adding a CAI and a
>>Dual exhaust, either dual off the single cat back or a custom catted H
>>pipe,
>>will only add a few horses to a V6. A true dual exhaust with a custom H
>>pipe
>>will actually lower the power at lower rpm's and the gain will show as
>>peak
>>horsepower. Unless you plan to spend $$ on a supercharger those additions
>>are pretty much eye candy.
>>--
>>Mike
>>Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
>>---
>>
>>Sunset Sam wrote:
>>
>>>I've been considering adding a cold air intake, and dual exhaust.
>>>It's my understanding that I also need to add a chip to be able to
>>>"tune" the differences that those modifications will make...
>>>
>>>Is this true?
>>>
>>>'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Opinions Wanted: 66 Exhaust Setup Scott Ford Mustang 2 March 11th 05 12:36 AM
Lifetime exhaust warranty ? DriveSpy VW water cooled 7 February 4th 05 12:00 AM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 3 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 2 August 22nd 04 08:45 PM