1995 Honda Accord - Purchase Help Needed

Old November 9th 04, 01:47 PM
carmen1

Default 1995 Honda Accord - Purchase Help Needed

I'm looking at a '95 Honda Accord LX, 70,000 miles, interior & exterior
excellent except for a small patch of rust - size of a quarter on hood,
new tires, tune ups and oil changes done faithfully, single owner, garaged
winters while owner was in FLA.

Standard Transmission.

NOTHING has been done to the car except a connector pipe between the
muffler and somethng (can't remeber what the part was)

Gas gauge does not work properly.

What maintenance is usually required around 70K miles? Brakes? Timing
chain or belt? What should I watch out for? What typically goes wrong or
needs replacement around 70K?

Is is typical the the clutch doesn't catch unitl it is almost all the way
up or is that an indication of a potental clutch problem?

Does Honda put out a list of suggested maintenance for car owners?

I have heard from some people outside the forum that I should be concerned
that nothing has been done to the car for 70,000 miles other than tuneups
and oil changes.

If you have or know where I can get a list it would be great.

Old November 9th 04, 02:06 PM
dan

www.ahm-ownerlink.com

Register at the above site with VIN and you can get maintenance schedule
for that vehicle.

dan

Old November 9th 04, 02:12 PM
John Ings

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:47:58 -0500, "carmen1" >
wrote:

>What maintenance is usually required around 70K miles? Brakes? Timing
>chain or belt?

The timing belt is overdue for a change. It's OK for milage but was
due for change at 6 years.

> What should I watch out for? What typically goes wrong or
>needs replacement around 70K?

Check the condition of the driveshaft universals and boots, and
another foible is the distributor bearing.

>Is is typical the the clutch doesn't catch unitl it is almost all the way
>up or is that an indication of a potental clutch problem?

Probably just needs adjusting.

Old November 9th 04, 04:20 PM
Caroline

"carmen1" > wrote
snip
> Does Honda put out a list of suggested maintenance for car owners?
>
> I have heard from some people outside the forum that I should be

concerned
> that nothing has been done to the car for 70,000 miles other than

tuneups
> and oil changes.
>
> If you have or know where I can get a list it would be great.

Go to www.autozone.com . Follow the links to free repair info and
vehicle repair guides then click on "General Information &
Maintenance," followed by
"MAINTENANCE INTERVAL CHARTS."

For my 1991 Civic, what appears here is identical to what's in my
owner's manual.

Old November 10th 04, 07:21 PM
Timothy J. Lee

In article outautos.com>,
carmen1 > wrote:
>Does Honda put out a list of suggested maintenance for car owners?

It should be in the owner's manual that is in the car.

Timothy J. Lee