single carb + manifold into dual carb bus?

Old October 4th 05, 05:31 PM

Default single carb + manifold into dual carb bus?

I have 1973 1700cc engine in my bus

the carbs have problems. Missing
solenoids, stripped screw holes, etc.

I have an intake manifold + carb from
a 1600cc 1971 bus. I know that it is
in fine working order.

Can I put this single carb into the 73?
Will the manifold bolt to the head?

Jen

Old October 7th 05, 04:15 AM
ysail1

> I have 1973 1700cc engine in my bus
>
> the carbs have problems. Missing
> solenoids, stripped screw holes, etc.
>
> I have an intake manifold + carb from
> a 1600cc 1971 bus. I know that it is
> in fine working order.
>
> Can I put this single carb into the 73?
> Will the manifold bolt to the head?
>
> Jen

no. the 1700 is a type 4 engine which has different intake manifolds than
the t1.

i just took off a weber single progressive and manifolds on my son's 73
with a 1800, replaced them with a set of dual 40 idf's. nice difference.

the carb ran, but some fiddling with jets is necessary to get these carbs
to run worth a crap. from what i hear from everybody.

if interested, i'll let them go for 50$.

in my opinion -- stick with the dual carb setup.

--
bob
http://photos.yahoo.com/ysail1

Single Bulb to Dual Bulb Andy VW water cooled 9 May 28th 05 08:52 AM
Single Bulb to Dual Bulb [email protected] VW air cooled 3 May 25th 05 03:21 PM
Dual Weber Carb Problem with Choke ~Zaitsev Alfa Romeo 18 April 10th 05 03:19 PM
Low Manifold Vacuum Rich Hampel Jeep 12 January 19th 05 03:16 AM
Will dual chamber GTI Headlights fit single bulb? Nathan Lucas VW water cooled 1 January 12th 05 03:23 AM