antenna saga continues

Old October 3rd 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default antenna saga continues

sigh,

the antenna issue i had previously was grounding when the unit was not
mounted...doh!

now, however, i can not get the chrome piece on the quater panel to
screw onto the body of the antenna. i have well over an hour and i
had to stop when the hammer started looking like it would help.

it there a trick to getting the chrome piece to screw on?

tia,
peter
Old October 3rd 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

peter wrote:
> sigh,
>
> the antenna issue i had previously was grounding when the unit was not
> mounted...doh!
>
> now, however, i can not get the chrome piece on the quater panel to
> screw onto the body of the antenna. i have well over an hour and i
> had to stop when the hammer started looking like it would help.
>
> it there a trick to getting the chrome piece to screw on?
>
> tia,
> peter

This one is beyond me, and nobody here seems to be any help with this
problem.
Have you tried the Miata.net forums yet?

Good luck,

Pat
Old October 3rd 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Oct 3, 1:59*am, pws > wrote:

> This one is beyond me, and nobody here seems to be any help with this
> problem.
> Have you tried the Miata.net forums yet?

i thought miata.net was more a repository than a forum...i will check
them out now.

thanks
peter
Old October 3rd 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article
peter > wrote:

> i thought miata.net was more a repository than a forum

Floor wax or dessert topping? Both:

http://www.miata.net/ (repository)
http://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php? (forum)

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old October 3rd 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Floor wax or dessert topping?

Now, THAT'S hard to beat as an opening line, eh?
Where did you pull that one out of?

lol
Chris
99BBB

Old October 4th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Floor wax or dessert topping?
>
> Now, THAT'S hard to beat as an opening line, eh?
> Where did you pull that one out of?

Oh, heavens. It's the old Saturday Night Live faux-commercial for
"Shimmer." Try YouTube.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old October 4th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson[_2_]

>,
> peter > wrote:
>
>> i thought miata.net was more a repository than a forum

Given the number of racer boyz a-holes that hang out in the NC forum there,
I'd say it's more of a suppository, these days.

It's too bad, they had a good formula going there for the NA and NB forums.
It's a shame the mods let a few vocal hard core modders brow beat them into
changing what had been a winning forum formula for a long time.

Too bad, it used to be a nice forum.

GJ

Old October 4th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"George Jetson" > wrote:

> It's too bad, they had a good formula going there for the NA and NB forums.
> It's a shame the mods let a few vocal hard core modders brow beat them into
> changing what had been a winning forum formula for a long time.

Seems to me that the solution suggests itself: stop reading the NC forum!

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old October 5th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

You know, these days, what's NOT on You Tube is a short list ! I'll have to
check it out.

Old October 5th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> You know, these days, what's NOT on You Tube is a short list ! I'll have
> to check it out.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

The majority of the SNL skits can be hard to find on youtube, and the
ones that are available are usually pulled down before long.

The show producers must take that copyright stuff seriously, I guess.

Youtube does, however, have the best fight scenes of all time available.
The action and realism in this one are about the best I have ever seen.

This is 3 minutes and 16 seconds of pure quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4...e=channel_page

Pat

The pain continues R D S Alfa Romeo 16 October 18th 06 07:51 PM
air con problems - saga continues Jon Manley BMW 5 July 9th 06 06:41 PM
Oil pressure wars; the saga continues Anthony W VW air cooled 0 May 18th 06 05:09 AM
Rear End Whine Saga Continues ...Jim? slowalker Ford Explorer 4 September 26th 05 11:55 PM
The SOA saga continues - Shocks and SYE Carl Saiyed Jeep 0 June 15th 05 05:38 AM