NC MX-5 video

Old September 6th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default NC MX-5 video

For those who want to waste a bit of time watching some MX-5 stuff.

No really fast driving, it is more discussing the Miata history and what
is is all about than anything else, with some driving and excellent
scenery thrown in.

Watching the guy break his own ghetto Miata wing is worth the time to
click it.
It also shows how well a 6'3", 240 pound guy fits in a NC, which is,
from what I can see, not nearly as well as I fit in it. :-)

"The Smoking Tire stops by a Mazda meet at OCC then heads up to Bear
Mountain for some testing in the twisties of the new MX5."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m67ZMn0tzg8

Pat
Old September 6th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> It also shows how well a 6'3", 240 pound guy fits in a NC, which
> is, from what I can see, not nearly as well as I fit in it. :-)

I'm an inch taller and 10lbs (+) heavier and I fit very nicely into an
NA but not an NC although maybe now that the door cup holders are gone
it might be better?

> "The Smoking Tire stops by a Mazda meet at OCC then heads up to
> Bear Mountain for some testing in the twisties of the new MX5."
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m67ZMn0tzg8

Nice video, thanks!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 7th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> I'm an inch taller and 10lbs (+) heavier and I fit very nicely into an
> NA but not an NC although maybe now that the door cup holders are gone
> it might be better?

Maybe, sir Goliath. Get on down to the Mazda dealership and check out a
brand new NC without the cupholders. :-)

> Nice video, thanks!

I thought that some folks here might enjoy it.
The guy hosting it is a former Corvette-head, maybe still a current one,
but his car caught on fire.

That is one thing that I don't ever hear about Miatas doing, though mine
came about as close as possible to catching fire that one time when the
fuel line split and sprayed fuel all over super-hot engine parts.

Pat
Old September 7th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> I'm an inch taller and 10lbs (+) heavier and I fit very nicely
>> into an NA but not an NC although maybe now that the door cup
>> holders are gone it might be better?

> Maybe, sir Goliath. Get on down to the Mazda dealership and check
> out a brand new NC without the cupholders. :-)

Might fit but I'm probably going to be selling mine very soon, the left
knee tells me I'm not going to shift much longer. I've enjoyed the car
but I don't think I'd enjoy an automatic so I'll probably just live
with the van and limit my motorsports fun to going to Walmart and
running over old farts with my new ride.

http://members.cox.net/xs11e/Jazzy.jpg

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 7th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

On Sep 7, 1:54*am, XS11E > wrote:
> pws > wrote:
> > XS11E wrote:

> >> I'm an inch taller and 10lbs (+) heavier and I fit very nicely
> >> into an NA but not an NC although maybe now that the door cup
> >> holders are gone it might be better?

> > Maybe, sir Goliath. Get on down to the Mazda dealership and check
> > out a brand new NC without the cupholders. :-)

> Might fit but I'm probably going to be selling mine very soon, the left
> knee tells me I'm not going to shift much longer. *I've enjoyed the car
> but I don't think I'd enjoy an automatic so I'll probably just live
> with the van and limit my motorsports fun to going to Walmart and
> running over old farts with my new ride.
>
> http://members.cox.net/xs11e/Jazzy.jpg

> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

The October issue of Motor Trend features 10 cars in their 2009 Best
Driver's Car. The MX-5 rated very high, I'm told just behind two much
higher hp/exotic cars. You need the magazine for the complete article
but their web site has some info and a very complimentary video
segment of the MX-5 on Laguna Seca.
http://www.motortrend.com/index.html

Net
Old September 7th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Man, don't even think about life with just the jazzy jazz and the vanny van
;-) If you haven't driven the MX5 with the paddle shifters, do not make up
your mind yet! Here's the deal; I hear that it's one of the better ones out
there, that it's quite good fun and even that the gearing is a bit taller
resulting in a more relaxed rpm at highway speeds!

Not only that but there should be plentiful examples out there, reasonably
priced. Above is referring to the NC of course but some people have even
declared the old NB's auto, livable and since demand is not so high for used
automatics, these (in my research) tend to sell a bit cheaper than the 5 and
6 speeds.

Check them out man!

Chris
99BBB

Old September 7th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Man, don't even think about life with just the jazzy jazz and the vanny
> van ;-) If you haven't driven the MX5 with the paddle shifters, do not
> make up your mind yet! Here's the deal; I hear that it's one of the
> better ones out there, that it's quite good fun and even that the
> gearing is a bit taller resulting in a more relaxed rpm at highway speeds!
>
> Not only that but there should be plentiful examples out there,
> reasonably priced. Above is referring to the NC of course but some
> people have even declared the old NB's auto, livable and since demand is
> not so high for used automatics, these (in my research) tend to sell a
> bit cheaper than the 5 and 6 speeds.
>
> Check them out man!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Gotta agree with Chris. If something happened to one or both of my legs
at any age to keep me from driving a standard, I would switch to
automatic, and still get the most fun/practical car possible, which even
in automatic is still the Miata as the best bang for the buck, imo.

I have driven a couple of automatic Miatas, one with some horsepower boost.
They were both fun. I reached for the shifter that wasn't there and
stomped at the non-existent clutch pedal the whole time, but that would
pass in time.

There are quite a few fun cars, generally larger and with more power to
weight than a Miata, that I would choose automatic on anyway, including
most of the expensive or even semi-expensive sedans out there.

I love manual shifting, but not all the time. I may be in a position
soon to have an automatic Honda Accord with a 1 year old A/C system that
blows freezing air, along with keeping my Miata.

In this case, I am glad that the Accord has an automatic. It will also
be my heavy traffic car and it will be almost the only thing that I
drive during the summer.

We do have our best top-down months coming up here in Central Texas,
October through May, with one or two cold days in there somewhere. :-)

This was a brutal summer, and it's not quite over yet.......

Pat
Old September 7th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

NetMax wrote:

> The October issue of Motor Trend features 10 cars in their 2009 Best
> Driver's Car. The MX-5 rated very high, I'm told just behind two much
> higher hp/exotic cars. You need the magazine for the complete article
> but their web site has some info and a very complimentary video
> segment of the MX-5 on Laguna Seca.
> http://www.motortrend.com/index.html
>
> Net

Coolio!

Pat
Old September 7th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
NetMax

Old September 7th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Man, don't even think about life with just the jazzy jazz and the
> vanny van ;-) If you haven't driven the MX5 with the paddle
> shifters, do not make up your mind yet!

I have, I can't see any difference in the fun level between the
automatic Miata and any other automatic vehicle, it just does NOT do it
for me.

I figure the Miata is just one more thing that time will force me to
give up, along with my hair, my sex life, sleeping w/o getting up 4 - 5
times a night to pee and, most important of all, motorcycles.

I could give up all the other crap if I could just ride.... <sigh>

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Bus Video vwluvrs VW air cooled 2 January 30th 08 03:06 AM
Biggest worldwide free Entertainment multi language Video web , Travel, Sports, Health , Racing cars , Massages techniques, Games , Fashions, Jokes , Top models , Free online IT learning , 5000 links, 250 free online TV , 50000 music video, n [email protected] Technology 0 August 22nd 07 07:59 PM
Z4 video Rex B[_1_] BMW 0 August 14th 06 03:23 PM
Video producer seeking expert for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:37 PM