audi driving experience programs

Old June 23rd 09, 07:24 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
anoop

Default audi driving experience programs

Have any of you taken any of the Audi driving experience programs
at Infineon? I was thinking of either the 1/2 day introductory S-
Model
program or the 1 day S-Model program. I haven't been to an event like
this before. Do you feel the cost is justified?
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...container=page

Thanks,
Anoop
Old June 23rd 09, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:24:54 -0700 (PDT), anoop >
wrote:

>Have any of you taken any of the Audi driving experience programs
>at Infineon? I was thinking of either the 1/2 day introductory S-
>Model
>program or the 1 day S-Model program. I haven't been to an event like
>this before. Do you feel the cost is justified?
>http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...container=page
>
>Thanks,
>Anoop

Last year I went to Pocono Raceway in PA and did the Audi R8
experience, full day. Got plenty of seat time in the R8, RS4, and the
TT was used for a gymkhana (solo) course. We also drove an A4, A6,
and A8. I went hoping to also drive the S5, but they were hesitant to
let go of the two they had. We got to go on the track with the R8,
thru turn 1 and then into the infield course and back onto the track.
I chose to drive the tiptronic R8 with the paddles (like my RS6), and
I was much faster than the manual car behind me. We reached speeds of
about 130, and did about 10 laps, all this old man could take. d;o)

You're lucky to be o the west coast and the Infineon Raceway. Great
track. I'd say, DO IT. I may do Infineon next year.

Dave

Old June 23rd 09, 11:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

Forgot to add: I also did the Audi program at Road Atlanta a few
years ago, and Audi's Hands On program back in 1987. Audi puts
together a good program with very professional drivers/personel. They
are a class act.

Dave

Old June 24th 09, 01:17 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
anoop

On Jun 23, 3:16*pm, Dave LaCourse > wrote:
> Forgot to add: *I also did the Audi program at Road Atlanta a few
> years ago, and Audi's Hands On program back in 1987. *Audi puts
> together a good program with very professional drivers/personel. *They
> are a class act.

Dave,

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to decide between the 1/2
day introductory course and the full day. Would a 1/2 day be
too little? Apparently they are the same program with more
track time for the 1-day. I don't want to leave with a feeling of
"it got over too quickly" or get completely worn out either...I'm
worried about the latter since I've never done one of these before
so I don't want my head spinning from driving super fast all day
long. What would you suggest for a first-timer?

Anoop
Old June 24th 09, 12:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:17:16 -0700 (PDT), anoop >
wrote:

>Dave,
>
>Thanks for the response. I'm trying to decide between the 1/2
>day introductory course and the full day. Would a 1/2 day be
>too little? Apparently they are the same program with more
>track time for the 1-day. I don't want to leave with a feeling of
>"it got over too quickly" or get completely worn out either...I'm
>worried about the latter since I've never done one of these before
>so I don't want my head spinning from driving super fast all day
>long. What would you suggest for a first-timer?

I doubt you will get "completely worn out" on any program they offer.
You will be running on adrenaline most of the day, regardless the
program. I am 72 and not in good health, and had no problems with the
R8 program. I took a Bob Bondurant three day course a couple of years
ago and that was "intense" with a full track race (no instructors in
the car) on the last day. I was a happy tired old man every night.

Dave

Old July 4th 09, 07:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
anoop

Dave,

Just a quick followup...I attended the 1/2-day
introductory S program. It was fun, and I think it was
the right thing given that I had never been to a track
before. I found that it took a lot of concentration for
me to follow the correct course on the track and I was
already at my limits by the end of the 1/2 day (too
much to learn in one sitting).

Anoop

Old July 4th 09, 04:40 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:43:14 -0700 (PDT), anoop >
wrote:

>Just a quick followup...I attended the 1/2-day
>introductory S program. It was fun, and I think it was
>the right thing given that I had never been to a track
>before. I found that it took a lot of concentration for
>me to follow the correct course on the track and I was
>already at my limits by the end of the 1/2 day (too
>much to learn in one sitting).

Good for you.

Now you are ready for even bigger things. Consider a Bondurant or
Barber school, or a full day or two at an Audi event. You won't be
sorry.

Dave