How Much Driving Experience?

Old April 16th 05, 04:19 PM
Dave Head

Default How Much Driving Experience?

Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where a newcomer
claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list yours?

I'll start:

I average about 35,000 miles a year.

I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving a lot for
work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)

I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.

How 'bout y'all?

Dave Head
Old April 16th 05, 09:23 PM
223rem

Dave Head wrote:

> Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where a newcomer
> claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list yours?
>
> I'll start:
>
> I average about 35,000 miles a year.
>
> I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving a lot for
> work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)
>
> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.

And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?
Some people never learn to drive properly.
Old April 16th 05, 11:23 PM
Alexander Rogge

> Some people never learn to drive properly.

And all those "Just Let Them Do It" Enablers only worsen the Sloth driving.
Old April 17th 05, 03:40 AM
Arif Khokar

223rem wrote:
> Dave Head wrote:

>> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.

> And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?

Miles in the left lane don't count
Old April 17th 05, 04:17 AM
L Sternn

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:23:07 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where a newcomer
>> claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list yours?
>>
>> I'll start:
>>
>> I average about 35,000 miles a year.
>>
>> I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving a lot for
>> work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)
>>
>> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.
>>

>And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?
>Some people never learn to drive properly.

Which just goes to show that experience does not equate to being a
good driver, although the first 10-20,000 miles probably are crucial
to understanding how things really are on the roads.

Old April 17th 05, 04:54 AM
Dave Head

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:23:07 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where a newcomer
>> claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list yours?
>>
>> I'll start:
>>
>> I average about 35,000 miles a year.
>>
>> I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving a lot for
>> work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)
>>
>> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.
>>

>And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?
>Some people never learn to drive properly.

So how far have you driven? How many miles per year?

DPH
Old April 17th 05, 06:48 AM
Larry Bud

wrote:

> >Dave Head wrote:
> >
> >> Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where

a newcomer
> >> claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list

yours?

> >> I'll start:
> >>
> >> I average about 35,000 miles a year.
> >>
> >> I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving

a lot for
> >> work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)
> >>
> >> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.
> >>

> >And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?
> >Some people never learn to drive properly.

> So how far have you driven? How many miles per year?

I've probably driven 250,000 miles (I'm 36)... But not one of those
miles was I an LLB.

I knew better even when I was 16.

Old April 17th 05, 11:00 AM
Dave Head

On 16 Apr 2005 22:48:38 -0700, "Larry Bud" > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:23:07 GMT, 223rem >

>wrote:

>a newcomer

>yours?

>a lot for

>> >And after 1 million miles, you're still an LLB?
>> >Some people never learn to drive properly.

>> So how far have you driven? How many miles per year?

>I've probably driven 250,000 miles (I'm 36)...

About half what I'm driving, rate-wise, it seems. Wish I could get away with
that, but everything seems to be far from everything else, and I seem to have
to go places way too often. The health club is 20 miles, each direction, and
I'm getting there 3 - 4 times a week. Adds up.

If I could get it down to 15,000 miles a year, I could lease a car. As it is,
I would have to lease 2 in order to make leasing work. Thinking about it, as
I'm figuring to attempt to have only cars newer that 100,000 miles on the odo,
so I can have a 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty so I don't get hit at
the service bay. Last repair on the Jeep was $2300 to get 4 things fixed -
exhaust manifold replacement, cat converter replacement, power steering pump
replacement (pevious one lasted 6 months), and neutral safety switch
replacement (the thing that started the whole service incident - and that
_part_ alone cost about $327. Don't want to be buying parts myself any more...
get one of these warranties to do it. I've had synchros go at 40,000 and
80,000 miles on the same car, with the mfg warranty covering the 1st, the
bumper to bumper catching the 2nd. Mitsubishi trannies suck, BTW.)

Anyway, are you where you can get to things real close, or just stay home a
lot?

DPH

Old April 17th 05, 11:09 AM
Thomas Schäfer

"Dave Head" wrote

> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.
> How 'bout y'all?

Don't know! I never had counted my kilometers exactly.
I had years where I had to drive 50000km with car
but now it's about 15000km (car only).
And I ride bike and bicycle too (both up to 10000km).
All over Europe and S-Asia.
In 3 decades it may be about a million kilometers
(but not miles, with at least 100000km cycling).

Thomas

Old April 17th 05, 11:14 AM
Dave Head

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:23:07 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Another thread has people stating their driving experience, where a newcomer
>> claims to have a bit over 700 miles, so how would you like to list yours?
>>
>> I'll start:
>>
>> I average about 35,000 miles a year.
>>
>> I've had years where that was about 45,000 when I was also driving a lot for
>> work (2 way radio service technician in the 70's)
>>
>> I figure I have over 1 million miles of driving experience.

<OT Stuff Deleted>

So, how far have you driven, anyway? How many miles per year do you drive?

DPH

Careless Driving in NJ s Driving 38 March 27th 05 09:08 PM
anyone have similar experience with the Driving Force Pro to me? [email protected] Simulators 9 March 18th 05 03:53 PM
opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM