Wow! rFactor PCC + Nordschleife 2007

Old August 31st 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

Default Wow! rFactor PCC + Nordschleife 2007

Hi!

I just drove the new PCC 2007 on the new Nordschleife 2007,
and I'm slowly trying to calm down again...

The cockpit, the FF, the brakes, the thrill of driving that
Porsche on this beautiful track. There are many great mods
and tracks available for rF, but IMHO this combo takes the cake!

<http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC%202007>
<http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nordschleife%202007>

greetings
ronny
Old September 1st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

"Ronald Stoehr" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I just drove the new PCC 2007 on the new Nordschleife 2007,
> and I'm slowly trying to calm down again...
>
> The cockpit, the FF, the brakes, the thrill of driving that
> Porsche on this beautiful track. There are many great mods
> and tracks available for rF, but IMHO this combo takes the cake!
>
> <http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC%202007>
> <http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nordschleife%202007>

Not intending to hijack this thread, I have a dumb question, somewhat
related to mods and updates. What are HAT files? Why do some mods instruct
you to delete old ones? And finally, are they responsible for the recent
splurge of CTDs with some car mods?

Old September 1st 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr. Sylvestre[_2_]

Ronald Stoehr wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just drove the new PCC 2007 on the new Nordschleife 2007,
> and I'm slowly trying to calm down again...

Are we in racesim-heaven yet ?

Regards,
Mr. S.
Old September 2nd 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

Thanks for the tip, downloaded the mods after reading your post.
Simply the best mod for rFactor so far, totally awesome.

Cheers,
Andre

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:19:42 +0200, Ronald Stoehr

Old September 2nd 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

I'm enjoying the track, of course, but I'll withhold judgement on the PCC07
until I can get the nose to stop plowing. The front bar is disconnected, and
the rear wing is as low as she'll go, and still no hint of neutral handling
in sight. It's twitchy on trailing throttle, but that still isn't a good
handling car. How are you guys getting along with the new ride?

Old September 2nd 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

"MikeWhy" > wrote in message
> I'm enjoying the track, of course, but I'll withhold judgement on the
> PCC07 until I can get the nose to stop plowing. The front bar is
> disconnected, and the rear wing is as low as she'll go, and still no hint
> of neutral handling in sight. It's twitchy on trailing throttle, but that
> still isn't a good handling car. How are you guys getting along with the
> new ride?

Hmmm. I'll have to take all of that back. I had problems the other night,
and brought it to Sebring to tune it, and nothing seemed to work. Going back
to a more reasonable setup, it behaved quite well just by bringing the ride
height back down, to the point of riding on the packers at times. The FF
settings also make a *huge* difference on perceived limits. (Duh!)

Old September 2nd 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> Great mod indeed, but it seems to work in testing mode only for me. As
> soon as I have other Porsches on the track (even during test day), I get
> the 1fps-problem. This is the first time I've come across this problem
> with all the mods I've installed (too many to mention ;-)
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Hmm, no problems here with 21 AI in front of me.

System: 1280x1024 on Intel Core 2 ), X1950Pro, 2GB Ram.

Now if the AI were not so STUPID, I could enjoy the mod racing,
as it is, I'm just hotlapping...

l8er
ronny
Old September 2nd 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

This production has 'marquee mod' written all over it. But are the Cup
cars really this 'boaty'? I preferred, frankly, the tighter, flickable
handling of the Porsches in GTR2, a game I no longer play. The problem
with GMSF, one has the impression, is Fonsecker with his defensive,
dig-in-the-heels reaction to any contrary points of view. He's
undoubtably talented, but, for chrissakes, all the better mods have
required multiple updates before hitting their stride.

Old September 3rd 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> This production has 'marquee mod' written all over it. But are the Cup
> cars really this 'boaty'? I preferred, frankly, the tighter, flickable
> handling of the Porsches in GTR2, a game I no longer play. The problem
> with GMSF, one has the impression, is Fonsecker with his defensive,
> dig-in-the-heels reaction to any contrary points of view. He's
> undoubtably talented, but, for chrissakes, all the better mods have
> required multiple updates before hitting their stride.

It does feel a bit underdamped on fast bump/rebound, and overdamped on slow.
And it gets dicey after smacking the packers at the bottom of Fuchsrohe. But
so what? It'll make for great racing. I even like the slippery feel of the
fall and fog variants.

I've given up on hotlapping for now, and just enjoying the depth the new car
and the new track bring. All of it is still new and fresh enough to be
enjoyable. I even found lapping it tourist style, at a brisk but sedate
sightseeing pace, rewarding. It's a great track, very thoughtfully laid out
and finished. The car also.

Old September 3rd 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Sep 2, 4:56 pm, "MikeWhy" > wrote:
> It's a great track, very thoughtfully laid out
> and finished.

Yea, if you have the energy and strength of purpose to memorize all
the damn turns.