Wrong manual...alarm-questions

Old March 13th 06, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Wrong manual...alarm-questions

I bought myself an 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 tip-tronic a while ago.
Unfortunately the right manual didnt find my way at the purchase - so i´m
stuck with a german manual for a pre-98.5 model.
That gives me some problems, because the 98.5-model had some minor changes
here and there.

I´ve been looking for a manual (for free )) on-line, but havent succeeded.
So i guess i need to go get me one the money-way.
In the meantime, i am having some problems with the alarm-system:

a) Key-less entry works fine, but i cant get the alarm to arm. Normally
there should be a LED (or similar) somwhere, that would indicate the
alarm/immobilizer is in effect. But i cant find/see any LED anywhere!? Where
is it?

b) In the pre-98.5´-model there would be a switch in the drivers-side
B-panel, that would allow me to switch off the internal sensors for the
alarm, if i leave "something/someone alive" in the car. Theres no switch in
that place in my car. Where should i look then?

c) Shouldnt the horn sound an audible *bleeb/honk* too, when the alarm arms?
(The german manual makes me think "what DID i actually do in german-classes
back in school!?" ;o))

Any help with the above is greatly appreciated.

T.I.A.
--
Gio

Old March 13th 06, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

PÃ¥ Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:21:44 +0100, skrev Gio >:

> I bought myself an 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 tip-tronic a while ago.
> Unfortunately the right manual didnt find my way at the purchase - so i´m
> stuck with a german manual for a pre-98.5 model.
> That gives me some problems, because the 98.5-model had some minor
> changes
> here and there.
>
> I´ve been looking for a manual (for free )) on-line, but havent
> succeeded.
> So i guess i need to go get me one the money-way.
> In the meantime, i am having some problems with the alarm-system:
>
> a) Key-less entry works fine, but i cant get the alarm to arm. Normally
> there should be a LED (or similar) somwhere, that would indicate the
> alarm/immobilizer is in effect. But i cant find/see any LED anywhere!?
> Where
> is it?
>
> b) In the pre-98.5´-model there would be a switch in the drivers-side
> B-panel, that would allow me to switch off the internal sensors for the
> alarm, if i leave "something/someone alive" in the car. Theres no switch
> in
> that place in my car. Where should i look then?
>
> c) Shouldnt the horn sound an audible *bleeb/honk* too, when the alarm
> arms?
> (The german manual makes me think "what DID i actually do in
> german-classes
> back in school!?" ;o))
>
> Any help with the above is greatly appreciated.
>

> T.I.A.

probably no alarm installed

--
regards
Ottar T
Old March 14th 06, 10:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Gio wrote:

> You can´t be serious.....

Sure, why not.

Wolfgang
Old March 15th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Wolfgang Pawlinetz" > skrev i en meddelelse
> Gio wrote:
>
>> You can´t be serious.....

> Sure, why not.

A car that pricey, with everything else installed...and they would leave out
the alarm? I doubt it.
And why would anyone bother de-installing the alarmsystem...

I mean...why? *s*

--
Gio

Old March 15th 06, 10:11 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Gio" > skrev i en meddelelse
> "Wolfgang Pawlinetz" > skrev i en meddelelse
>> Gio wrote:
>>
>>> You can´t be serious.....

>> Sure, why not.

> A car that pricey, with everything else installed...and they would leave
> out the alarm? I doubt it.
> And why would anyone bother de-installing the alarmsystem...
>
> I mean...why? *s*

Is there really noone that can help me on this subject?
Was it really an option to buy a 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 Tip-Tronic WITHOUT alarm
installed? I havent managed to get hold of a manual for it yet - but all the
others i´ve seen, plus the one i have (pre-98.5), doesnt explain the
alarm-system as something that was optional.

*sigh*

--
Gio

Old March 15th 06, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Gio wrote:

> A car that pricey, with everything else installed...and they would leave out
> the alarm? I doubt it.

Because the price of all the other options did not allow to add that one
to the car?

*s*

W.
Old March 15th 06, 08:50 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

> Gio wrote:
>
>> Is there really noone that can help me on this subject?
>> Was it really an option to buy a 98.5 A4 Avant 2.4 Tip-Tronic WITHOUT
>> alarm installed?

> Actually in Germany and Austria it's an extra you have to buy. I can well
> imagine it's the same in Denmark.

It´s a german import registered in Sweden.

> And yes, usually you're quite well advised to buy that option because
> Audis w/o alarm can get stolen quickly.

Yup...hope noone notices *shudder*

Anyway...i really thought immobilizer AND alarm was factory-standard on all
Audi´s!?

Old March 15th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:50:49 +0100, "Gio" > wrote:

>It´s a german import registered in Sweden.

That increases the chance that the alarm was simply not ordered. It's
NOT standard in Germany. AFAIK.

>Yup...hope noone notices *shudder*

There are some aftermarket evil looking blinking leds with matching
'cobra' alarm (or similar) stickers which might have a similar effect
on the potential thief.

>Anyway...i really thought immobilizer AND alarm was factory-standard on all
>Audi´s!?

Immobilizer yes. Alarm: No. Even today it isn't. Just look at the
german Audi website.

Regards

Wolfgang