2000 LS-1

Old September 3rd 05, 05:54 AM
Hari Seldon

Default 2000 LS-1

I have a year 2000 LS-1 (4 door sedan 2.2 L). The brake lights appear to
work when the head lights are turned off. When I turn the head lights on
and apply the brakes, the driver's side tail light goes off (no brake light
either on drivers side).

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

H. Seldon

Old September 4th 05, 08:43 PM
Art

If you looked thru this group a little or used the group page of google, you
would find this info:

Saturn Recalling Nearly 300,000 L-Series Cars
June 4, 2005
General Motors announced yesterday that the company is recalling
291,652 Saturn L-Series sedans and wagons in the United States because of
defective tail lights. The recall, which is scheduled to begin in September,
affects certain 2000-2002 sedans and 2000-2004 wagons.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website says that
"on certain sedans and wagons, the plastic housing in the rear tail lamp
assembly can become distorted if the brake lamps remain on for an extended
time. This can cause an intermittently inoperative brake/tail lamp bulb or a
short circuit that opens a fuse causing inoperative brake lamps (including
the center high-mounted stop lamp) or tail lamps. A following driver may not
know when the brakes have been applied, and a rear-end crash could occur
without prior warning. Dealers will install a reinforcing socket adapter
(and corresponding new socket) to the back of the existing lamp assembly. If
necessary, the reinforcing socket adapter will be installed into a new lamp
assembly and then installed in the vehicle."

If you have any questions, please contact Saturn at 1-800-972-8876.
Owners can also call the NHTSA's auto safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236.

Old September 21st 05, 12:21 PM
jtfogarty

Call your Saturn dealer. I had multiple lamp failures in my L-Series sedan.
The dealer replaced both of my tail lamps at my request with the same type
that is going to be replaced by the new, improved tail lamps that will be
used in the recall. They will then replace them again when new (recall)
assemblies are available.

Request (demand) that the dealer relace both of your tail lights with old
stock until the new assemblies are available.
This is truly a safety issue with a known, defective system.

ink.net...

Misfires above 2000 RPM. JimS Jeep 5 March 14th 05 06:08 PM
Follow-up: 2000 Contour miss and Check Engine Light Craig Williams Technology 1 December 31st 04 06:00 AM
reset SRS light on a 2000 Accord ';'%?PF ;/l. Honda 0 December 7th 04 05:16 PM
Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer Steve 4x4 4 June 15th 04 05:09 AM