2000 ls1 air conditioner

Old September 10th 05, 11:17 PM
Aaron D. Kemp

Default 2000 ls1 air conditioner

Air conditioner stopped working today. I bought a canister of r-134a with a
guage on it. When I hooked it up, the pressure was in the red zone. I
emptied the system and brought the pressure back up in the system to around
40 psi. It took about an hour and the air was not cool again. A second check
of the pressure had it in the red zone again (like 100 psi).

Any idea what the probem is?

What can I do to fix it?

Old September 12th 05, 01:40 AM
kmichal2

Did you fill up the system with new coolant or just let it run after the
pressure felt down to green?

t...

Old September 19th 05, 11:07 PM
Bob Shuman

If the refrigerant was low, then it is leaking somewhere and the charge you
received will not last more than a few days if you are lucky. You will need
to have them find and fix the source of the leak to get lasting results.
This is a closed system so should not need a charge unless there is a
problem.

Bob

PS Today's vehicles no longer use freon since this has been outlawed due to
concern over ozone depletion and global warming, but we know what you meant.

. ..

Misfires above 2000 RPM. JimS Jeep 5 March 14th 05 06:08 PM
2000 Contour - Last plea before taking to dealer Craig Williams Technology 1 January 3rd 05 11:49 PM
Follow-up: 2000 Contour miss and Check Engine Light Craig Williams Technology 1 December 31st 04 06:00 AM
Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer Steve 4x4 4 June 15th 04 05:09 AM