50,000 mile Miata service

Old October 1st 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim M.[_2_]

Default 50,000 mile Miata service

My son (an ASE-certified professional mechanic with seven years of
Ford experience, and who races in NASA mid-Atlantic Spec Miata) opened
his own shop today, Undisputed Autosport of Sterling Virginia, and my
Miata is his first official customer car! (Sheesh, I used to get this
stuff done for free when he worked at the Ford dealer!)

He is:

Replacing:
(original) timing belt
accessory drive belts
spark plugs
brake pads
windshield wipers
fuel filter
air filter

Draining and replacing:
oil (new oil filter & Mobil 1 synthetic)
coolant
trans
diff
brake fluid
clutch fluid

Inspecting (replacing if necessary):
coolant hoses
brake lines
suspension bushings

Looking forward to the car driving and feeling even better than it
already does!

I really think this car needs a new windshield. I hope a rock hits
the old one soon!
Old October 2nd 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Tim, I guess yours is not the 'normal' situation but that's pretty early to
do the timing belt. I guess if you're trying to help his sales numbers it
might make sense ;-)

I hope he has great success with the business venture. Is he going to offer
race support and such along with maintenance and repairs?

Chris
99BBB

Old October 2nd 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim M.[_2_]

On Oct 1, 11:09*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> Tim, I guess yours is not the 'normal' situation but that's pretty early to
> do the timing belt. I guess if you're trying to help his sales numbers it
> might make sense ;-)

Well, part of it is that the timing belt is 13 years old, even though
it only has 50,000 miles on it. Peace of mind more than anything
else, and a sense that the car is "good to go" for the next 50,000
miles, I think. Throwing a bit of extra business his way doesn't
hurt, either!

> I hope he has great success with the business venture. Is he going to offer
> race support and such along with maintenance and repairs?

Thanks for the good wishes, Chris! Yes, his emphasis will be on high
performnace modifications and race prep. The Washington D.C. area is
a good area for such a business; there are lots of sports car
enthusiasts and racers based here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for
his success!

Tim
Old October 2nd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Tim M. wrote:

> Thanks for the good wishes, Chris! Yes, his emphasis will be on high
> performnace modifications and race prep. The Washington D.C. area is
> a good area for such a business; there are lots of sports car
> enthusiasts and racers based here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for
> his success!
>
> Tim

Yes, best wishes for his success! I wish he were in Austin.

In Washington D.C., he certainly has a very large customer base, it
seems like more people are autocrossing/auto racing all the time.

I am even thinking about giving it a try. My buddy Chris D'Agnolo is
going to give me a hand getting started.

With my 11+ years and 130,000+ miles in a Miata, and no *legal* racing,
that may very well be a crime.......

Take care,

Pat