Removing oil stains from concrete

Old January 25th 06, 12:05 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

Default Removing oil stains from concrete

Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have suggestions
for getting oil stains off concrete?

I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and powder),dishwashing
liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the spray cans,but the
concrete just soaks that **** up. I have even tried combinations of these
but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at best. There dosent seem
to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to do the job.

Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
and knees is invloved !!

Any methods you have tried that work?

cheers

Old January 25th 06, 12:36 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
Repeat if required,

Old January 25th 06, 12:56 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

"antwine" > wrote in message
newsKzBf.11289$jR.4424@fed1read01...
> Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
> merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
> stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
> Repeat if required,
> "me" > wrote in message news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01...
>> Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
>> suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
>>
>> I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
>> powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the
>> spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that **** up. I have even tried
>> combinations of these but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at
>> best. There dosent seem to be anything available that is chemically
>> strong enough to do the job.
>>
>> Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
>> disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
>> and knees is invloved !!
>>
>> Any methods you have tried that work?
>>
>> cheers

Buy, borrow, or steal a pressure washer. Not only will it get the oil up
but if you do the whole drive-way, it will look brand new.

Old January 25th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

Kitty litter works well too.

Old January 25th 06, 01:08 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

They make a pressure washer attachment that works really well, its ment
for cleaning driveways.

Old January 25th 06, 01:19 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

me wrote:

> Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
> suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?
>
> I have tried various things,including bleach(liquid and
> powder),dishwashing liquid,even the gunk brand engine degreaser in the
> spray cans,but the concrete just soaks that **** up. I have even tried
> combinations of these
> but still nothing really works 100% , maybe 50% at best. There dosent
> seem to be anything available that is chemically strong enough to do the
> job.
>
> Also,I don't expect to just put something on and it will magically
> disappear,i realise that a certain amount of scrubbing the floor on hands
> and knees is invloved !!
>
> Any methods you have tried that work?

Have you tried Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda)? It works on most oil stains.

Old January 25th 06, 01:21 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

"antwine" > wrote in message
newsKzBf.11289$jR.4424@fed1read01...
> Get a bag of Portland cement from local building
> merchandise store, sprinkle handfuls of it over the
> stain. Let it set overnight. Should get most of the oil.
> Repeat if required,

Just don't get Portland cement wet before it's swept up.

Old January 25th 06, 01:39 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

Default It's a job for Super * Hen* aka K-Hen-Mammy.

"me" > wrote in message news:XgzBf.11287$jR.1247@fed1read01...
> Apart from getting a car that dosen't leak oil,does anyone have
> suggestions for getting oil stains off concrete?

You can get a hold of Super *Hen* K-Hen-Mammy aka K-Man. She'll peck the
stains out of the cement with her Super Beak. Then she'll squat down and
feather it up.

Old January 25th 06, 01:44 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

Default K-Ken-Mammy, Wild Blond Amateur Tranny Asshole Banging

K-Ken-Mammy >, the derelict old fart and tentacled
moll who likes crazed anal inspections with shrews, and whose partner is
a fancy-woman with a shabby hair pie, wrote in

Old January 25th 06, 01:55 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech

This is not a topic for this group.

One of the best solutions is to get a high pressure washer for concrete.
This may do the job for you. Putting cement powder on to the stained area,
working it in, and then letting it sit over night may help out. Don't get it
wet.

From the 7 year old, another solution that sounds odd, is to oil down the
complete driveway, and then all of it will match.

I found that with oil stains, after a number of months they tend to fade
away. In the fall I get the cars sprayed with mineral oil to protect them
from rusting. When I park them on the street, or in the driveway, they drip
for a number of days. By the time spring comes around, the stains are not
showing.

Where ever you park a car, there is the chance that there will be a few
drops of oil. After an oil change, if there are a few drops that spilled,
and was not spotted to be cleaned, there is a chance that they may end up on
the surface below the car. Sometimes they can take a while to fall.

--

JANA
_____

removing LCD from '95 Bones Corvette 0 August 25th 05 03:04 PM
best stuff for removing stains in auto carpeting? (ink, taco sauce etc.) [email protected] Honda 5 June 1st 05 05:46 AM
Removing axle on a 98 Grand Am [email protected] Technology 1 May 10th 05 07:36 PM
Removing dealer stickers MidnightDad Jeep 7 April 6th 05 02:05 AM
Any tips for removing the oil filter in a 2001 Civic and not getting oil all over [email protected] Honda 1 January 22nd 05 08:48 PM