Cop: 98 in a 40... to ticket someone for window tint...

Old February 26th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default Cop: 98 in a 40... to ticket someone for window tint...

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...crash_fhp_says

"A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with excessive
window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck, killing an
86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday
night."

(...)

Old February 26th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Brent > wrote in
:

> http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...fficer_chasing
> _tinted_window_suspect_before_fatal_crash_fhp_says
>
> "A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with
> excessive window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck,
> killing an 86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said
> Tuesday night."
>
> (...)

Window tinting should be banned. It's popular only with hit-and-runners.
Old February 26th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:14:03 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...crash_fhp_says
>
>"A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with excessive
>window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck, killing an
>86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday
>night."
>
>(...)

I hope the family sues his ass off. This is 100% inexcusable.
Old February 26th 09, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Ashton Crusher > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:14:03 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:
>

>>http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...fficer_chasing
>>_tinted_window_suspect_before_fatal_crash_fhp_sa ys
>>
>>"A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with
>>excessive window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck,
>>killing an 86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said
>>Tuesday night."
>>
>>(...)
>>

> I hope the family sues his ass off. This is 100% inexcusable.

It's called "target fixation".....

the Gung-ho cop was probably trying to help Florida make up it's shrinking
tax revenues.I've heard that in many locales,police are writing more
tickets to bring in revenue.(and who gives a crap about safety...) B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old February 26th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Feb 25, 11:14*pm, Brent > wrote:
> http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met.../officer_chasi...
>
> "A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with excessive
> window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck, killing an
> 86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday
> night."
>
> (...)

No, it's OK, 98 in a 40 on surface streets with no siren (and maybe no
lights) to catch someone for a non-moving violation is showing good
judgment, according to the chief.

Dave
Old February 26th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Feb 25, 10:44*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Brent > wrote :
>

> >http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...fficer_chasing
> > _tinted_window_suspect_before_fatal_crash_fhp_says

> > "A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with
> > excessive window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck,
> > killing an 86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said
> > Tuesday night."

> > (...)

> Window tinting should be banned. It's popular only with hit-and-runners.

Right. Mr. Tinted-window didn't kill anyone.

Also: no alcohol involvement was mentioned, but the cop was apparently
driving under the influence of authority hard-on.

Had the cop been a civilian instead, we have these facts:

98 in a 40. 98 in any zone in most states is a potential jail
sentence.
One driver killed by the speeder: vehicular manslaughter. There's
your murder, S&DDAM.
Another driver injured to the point of requiring therapy: vehicular
assault. Could easily have been double murder.

Wait a minute: the guy the cop murdered was not a kid. I see your
*logic* now.
http://www.mylandofmisery.com/roads/logic.gif
Old February 26th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Feb 26, 7:40*am, wrote:
> On Feb 25, 11:14*pm, Brent > wrote:
>
> >http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met.../officer_chasi...

> > "A Jacksonville traffic cop was speeding after a vehicle with excessive
> > window tint when the officer plowed into a pickup truck, killing an
> > 86-year-old man last month, the Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday
> > night."

> > (...)

> No, it's OK, 98 in a 40 on surface streets with no siren (and maybe no
> lights) to catch someone for a non-moving violation is showing good
> judgment, according to the chief.
>
> Dave

You just revealed the Flori-DUH factor of the incident.

Best way to remove window tint from rear window w/defroster? Doc Technology 2 November 25th 07 03:48 PM
98 528 E39 Window Tint & Radio Phred Johnson[_2_] BMW 6 August 21st 07 03:31 AM
Window Tint Dodson General 2 July 21st 07 04:11 PM
Window Tint Problem Mike Surwill Saturn 8 February 14th 06 05:29 PM
Recommend window tint dxmah Honda 2 March 17th 05 11:48 PM