Holley Carbs

Old February 14th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

Default Holley Carbs

Taken from Hemmings Motor News

Holley declares bankruptcy
After 100 plus years in business, Holley has announced it is seeking
protection from creditors by declaring bankruptcy. While this does not
mean that the company is going out of business, it does mean that
Holley has to reorganize and pay off debts.

Holley has likely made millions of carburetors since its inception,
and in the 1990s experienced rapid expansion. Its holdings include:
Hooker Headers, Earl’s, Weiand, NOS and Flowtech. Company officials
cited this rapid expansion as the major reason for its downfall. They
simply got too big too fast.

But don't worry; Holley is still operating, and none of its 390
employees spread across Kentucky, California and Mississippi will be
affected, according to the company.

Company CEO James D. Wiggins said in a prepared statement: “We are
very pleased with the transformation that has taken place here at
Holley over the last several years. Today, Holley is a lean and
focused enterprise with strong customer relationships, significant
technological capabilities and diversified revenue sources. We have
established a good track record of profitability and growth in
enterprise value. This restructuring represents the culmination of
tremendous effort on the part of the team at Holley and we are excited
to share the news of this successful program.”
Old February 16th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_2_]

Spike > wrote in
:

> Holley declares bankruptcy
> After 100 plus years in business, Holley has announced it is seeking
> protection from creditors by declaring bankruptcy. While this does not
> mean that the company is going out of business, it does mean that
> Holley has to reorganize and pay off debts.

Not too hard to understand. EFI is entrenched since the mid 80s, and the
only people who still buy carbs are racers and classic car enthusiasts.
Old February 16th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

Time, sadly, marches on. I just hate to see companies like this fade
away.

Kinda explains why Edelbrock and some others have begun producing
aftermarket EFI systems.
Old February 16th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Wow, just bought a Holley for my '71 M-code. Car loves it.
Maybe I should buy a couple more.

mike

Old February 16th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

elaich wrote:
> Spike > wrote in
> :
>
>> Holley declares bankruptcy
>> After 100 plus years in business, Holley has announced it is seeking
>> protection from creditors by declaring bankruptcy. While this does not
>> mean that the company is going out of business, it does mean that
>> Holley has to reorganize and pay off debts.

> Not too hard to understand. EFI is entrenched since the mid 80s, and the
> only people who still buy carbs are racers and classic car enthusiasts.

They should have paid attention and gotten deeper into the EFI market
like Edelbrock did.

--
"Yah know I hate it when forces gather in ma' fringe..." - Sheogorath

"Daytime television sucked 20 years ago,
and it still sucks today!" - Marc Bissonette