VAG

Old July 1st 04, 02:49 PM
Dennis W

Default VAG

I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too
dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a
word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA

Old July 1st 04, 03:07 PM
Glenn Spence

I believe that it is a three letter acronym for Volkswagen Automotive Group,
hence VAG.
There are many different tools produced by VAG and used by dealerships.
There is also an aftermarket diagnostic tool called VAG-COM produced by Ross
Tech. Here is their site http://ross-tech.com/
HTH
m...

Old July 1st 04, 03:40 PM
R@L

"Dennis W" > wrote in message
m...
> I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too
> dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a
> word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA

No need to. Just ask them to reset the warning light.

Ronald

It is pronounced VeeAyGee and stands for Volkswagen Aktien Gesellschaft.

Old July 1st 04, 06:18 PM
Graham

R@L wrote:

> "Dennis W" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too
>>dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a
>>word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA
>>

> No need to. Just ask them to reset the warning light.
>
> Ronald
>
> It is pronounced VeeAyGee and stands for Volkswagen Aktien Gesellschaft.

Surely if it was VeeAyGee it would be spelt V.A.G. Personally I just
say the word and anyone else I've heard has also said this.

Old July 2nd 04, 07:39 AM
+ Rob +

"Dennis W" > wrote in message
m...
> I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too
> dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a
> word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA

It can be pronounced "vee ay gee", if you prefer. But I and many other
people find it perfectly acceptable to say it like one would the word "bag".
So take your pick. Neither option is incorrect.

Rob
2002 A4 3.0Q

Old July 11th 04, 03:07 AM
Len S.

Well, If I may offer this ... the German pronounciation of Volkswagen
sounds in English like Folks Vagen.(the "a" is soft like Saab) So if a V
takes on an F type sound, wouldn't VAG be pronounced something like Faag?
This could be plausible depending on what region you are in I guess, and way
off base in some others.
Just a thought.. - Len

nk.net...