bait & switch ad in Hot VW

Old October 27th 05, 11:59 PM
A Veteran for Peace

Default bait & switch ad in Hot VW

I call up Kuston1Warehouse and they wouldn't honor a price in their ad
in the Nov. issue, an alloy wheel went from the ad's $69 to $79.
Is this good PR ???
any better places to shop?

--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
Old October 28th 05, 01:03 AM

Hmm.. the readers are definately going to suggest other better places
to shop. Back in my day, they were promoting aircooled.net to the
fullest. I know that from experience. Some people are VW purists, and
some don't care. I was after bargains. I purchased alot from
Kustom1Warehouse. I dealt with the guy on eBay(tm).. bought some mahle
pistons and cylinders.. Then I later shopped from his website. He was
very nice and helpful, a real person. He even called my house before a
shipment, because I ordered something wrong. Just to verify. So I have
to say, my experience with him was great. It seemed like a personal
basis, not some huge corporation. I don't like his new website and
haven't used it since. It used to be VW only, and easy..

I also like to shop CIP1.com... They're competetive priced and accept
Paypal. Most of the time free shipping.

I've had good experiences with Mofoco.com also. We had a waranty issue,
and they sent a replacement without a problem at all. They didn't even
make me send the old part back.

I've also bought alot of JC Whitney. I must admit, you can notice
cheaper quality, especially on chrome pieces. They rust, like no
tommorow.

It's all a matter of quality, and personal preference. When I do
another VW again, I definately will put more time and effort into the
parts chosen for it.

Old October 28th 05, 01:13 AM

Wich wheel are you looking at? Just checked my november issue, and
can't find any for $69 on his ad. He has the 5 and 8 spokes listed as
"$69-$109" ea. The polished ones are probably $109 ea.

Old October 28th 05, 05:24 AM
Jan Andersson

A Veteran for Peace wrote:
> I call up Kuston1Warehouse and they wouldn't honor a price in their ad
> in the Nov. issue, an alloy wheel went from the ad's $69 to $79.
> Is this good PR ???
> any better places to shop?

Isn't there a law that says you HAVE to honor the ads you put out?
if they put out a poorly written ad with no expiry date or clause in it
for the discounted price, they HAVE to honor it or face penalty.

That's how it works in the civilized world.

Jan
Old August 24th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
JuneauBug

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>A Veteran for Peace wrote:
>> I call up Kuston1Warehouse and they wouldn't honor a price in their ad
>> in the Nov. issue, an alloy wheel went from the ad's $69 to $79.
>> Is this good PR ???
>> any better places to shop?
>>

> Isn't there a law that says you HAVE to honor the ads you put out?
> if they put out a poorly written ad with no expiry date or clause in it
> for the discounted price, they HAVE to honor it or face penalty.
>
> That's how it works in the civilized world.
>
> Jan

some may have small print with something to the affect of "prices subject to
change without notice". that's something we forgot to do in our seafood
catalog last fall, only to be reminded of it's importance after the king
salmon we bought from the fishermen went through the roof.

Ken
Juneau, AK

rabbit ignition switch to toggle switch [email protected] VW water cooled 2 October 24th 05 03:26 AM
Headlight Switch? Randolph Honda 2 December 15th 04 08:00 AM
2002 Honda Odyssey Side View Mirror Switch Failure Hand Honda 15 December 4th 04 08:03 PM
Ign Switch Failure examination 91 B3 dave VW water cooled 0 October 2nd 04 04:46 PM
Bait and Switch on Trade-in Estimate Payoffs Jesse General 0 March 9th 04 08:59 PM